Celtic Fling/Penn Renn Registration List & Info

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Celtic Fling/Penn Renn Registration List & Info

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Fri May 26, 2017 12:53 pm

Celtic Fling is a challenge if this is your first time there. We throw in the jousting arena. We have fondly referred to it for years as the "sand box". The audience is close so control is VERY important. Weather wise you should plan for anything but snow. Shade is recommended. There is a space for us to set up pop-ups. We do not throw sheaf at these games so no need to bring your forks. Please plan to arrive by 8:30am. You should be directed to the rear of the jousting arena or participants parking. You may need to tote gear in so plan accordingly. We will throw 1 flight of combined Open Men and Masters. Registrations shown below in RED are unpaid. List is current as of 6/18.

OPEN MEN
Ray Boss
Brett Moore
Joshua Strassner
Taylor McKay
Sean McKay
"Chas" Charles Wagner
Andrew Kruger
Ryan Morton
Matt Hardesty
John Ochsner
Timothy Louisignau
John Slensby

MASTERS
Chris Cunningham
Bob Long
Mike Melia
Rob Monroe
Bill Ryan
Dan Jackson
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Re: Celtic Fling/Penn Renn Registration List & Info

Postby webninjataylor on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:44 pm

I regret (deeply) to report that I must back out of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Festival games. I need to stay home and take care of Libby who will be going in for ankle surgery next Thursday, June 22nd, for the vicious caber that attacked her at the Garrett County games on June 3rd. Please apply my fee to Rob Monroe if he is still unpaid.
webninjataylor

Postby Dan Jackson on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Tag, I'm in... :twisted:
"Son, you haven't lived until you've had crabs." ~ Advice from my friend's Dad upon hearing that we were both going to collage.
Dan Jackson

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:37 pm

We'll miss you Taylor. Take good care of Libby!
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Postby joshismyname on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Unfortunately, I have to pull out of the games, too (Josh Strassner). You can use my $10 for Sean McKay if he's still unpaid ... Sean, thanks for looking after me and my family at Penn Renn a couple years back.
joshismyname

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:18 pm

We'll miss you Josh. For the rest of you, please try to be on the field by 8:30.
See you in the morning :D
Mrs. T-Bone

Postby Art on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:50 am

You guys put on quite a show yesterday. I tried to scream like a crazy animal for you guys when I could, from the audience.

I signed up because I want to get out and play with you guys. Total noob, but it looks fun (and taxing).

Anyway thanks for inspiring me. Hopefully I can find somebody close in the training forum and catch you guys out in the field next time.
Art

Postby CelticElf66 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:17 pm

Art wrote:You guys put on quite a show yesterday. I tried to scream like a crazy animal for you guys when I could, from the audience.

I signed up because I want to get out and play with you guys. Total noob, but it looks fun (and taxing).

Anyway thanks for inspiring me. Hopefully I can find somebody close in the training forum and catch you guys out in the field next time.

Art - where do you live?
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Postby Art on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:39 pm

I live in Central PA, approximately an hour north of Harrisburg. 2hr 20min north of Baltimore.
Art

Return to General discussion