Penn Renn/Celtic Fling

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Penn Renn/Celtic Fling

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Wed May 27, 2020 9:11 pm

The people at Penn Renn still have not cancelled officially however it is safe to assume that the games will NOT be happening in June. Their MO has been to cancel/postpone events publicly about a week before the event. If we are able to reschedule (they will if they can) I will let you all know immediately.
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Re: Penn Renn/Celtic Fling

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:13 pm

Celtic Fling is officially not on the calendar put out on the Pa Renn Faire FB page. I would say it is officially a NO GO. Like I said before, I do know that they had interest in rescheduling but I'm not holding my breath. Watch this space... :roll:
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Re: Penn Renn/Celtic Fling

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:09 pm

UPDATE: Penn Renn posted about an hour ago that they have officially postponed the Celtic Fling. They are trying to reschedule. As things open up in PA be aware... Lancaster County is still (as of today) in a yellow phase. EVEN IN GREEN (next opening phase) gatherings are limited to 250 people. My opinion is that no state will go beyond that until there is a vaccine or excellent therapeutic solution. Even with a postponement to August or September we are likely to see a cancellation. I have been and will stay in close contact with our Rep at PA Ren Faire. If, at some point it is possible to have games, I will open registration. They are aware that we need lead time for registrations and travel arrangements.

Just so you know... this is a HUGE liability issue for any event planner. The Insurance Company of any event right now will NOT cover covid transmission at any event that is run contrary to state guidelines. NO event planner is willing to accept the potential liability without insurance. Of course insurance is NOT at all the only factor but it sure hits hard to the money heart of the matter. On top of that there are staffing, food/drink supply chains, attendance, travel/accomodations and entertainment availability to consider. I have been dealing with the same issues with all of our re-enactment events and have had to cancel them as well.

Hang in there everyone! STAY SAFE and we will all get together as soon as we can safely
Mrs. T-Bone

Return to General discussion