in the name of SCIENCE!!!

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

in the name of SCIENCE!!!

Postby jmstyborski on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Being involved in the highland game, there is no doubt that we are vastly superior athletes. And being superior athletes, i thought it would be interesting to conitnue to push and assess our superior athletic ability. Specifically,, REACTION TIME. Log onto:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/ ... rsion5.swf

to test your reaction time. (which is no doubt vastly superior to our Non heavy athletic underlings )

Personally, my time averages around .17 with my best time .1382 sec.

good luck. AM curious to see how fast my superior athletic brethren are.

JOHN
jmstyborski

Re: in the name of SCIENCE!!!

Postby FrankH on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Is there a master's class version? :cry:
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby Tearlach on Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Frank dunna worry my friend. In the name of all we old masters, geezers, ect I just posted a fastest time of 0.123 seconds. Not bad for a 53 year young guy. Oh by the way please give Lee my belated wishes that she had a happy birthday as well. I hope to see you for the clinic. Can I just tell you that I REALY hate snow and ice. ( Although I think tossing all those 50 pound bags of salt have to be helping also. I hope to see you this year as well John. Are you having the games this year? And if so will there be a masters class? Do you know when?
Chuck
Live everyday like it's your last, enjoy life,love your family, leave nothing but spent energy on the game field, so that when the final summons comes, you can leave this world with no regrets.
Chuck
Tearlach

Location: Mechanicsburg, Hampden Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania

Postby Rich McClain on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby Clancelt on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:58 pm

.172 with a fastest time of .115, that was only good for a "rocketing rabbit" I'd hate to see how fast you need to be to get turbo-charged! :o

I did manage one with a 0.000 but it didn't really count because my finger slipped and it was just luck that a sheep started to move at just that time ;)
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Postby jmstyborski on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:51 pm

It doesnt surprise me that vastly surperior highland athletes would post super fast times. i didnt realize they would be that fast. What does every one do, drink coffe and caffiene pills all day?
jmstyborski

Postby Rich McClain on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:02 pm

In the morning (6 am) I drink a 12 oz can of Mountain Dew (the Nectar of the Gods!) At 8 am I take 2 Ripped Fuel pills. At 3 pm I take 2 more Ripped Fuel pills. That's it. I do play other computer games from time to time. Some are based on speed. :geek:
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby Clancelt on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:19 pm

20+ years of of writing code has given me 60 wpm fingers. I'm not sure about hand eye, but I know my fingers are somewhat quick ;)
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Postby jim on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:33 pm

I seem to be good for .18 on average. Best of .163. I'm better when I have my dog with me.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
jim

Return to General discussion