HEre's your chance!

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

HEre's your chance!

Postby CelticElf66 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:15 pm

A chance to make sure that your kilt still fits properly after your off season throwing regimine! :twisted:

From our Parade's Chair:

It is time once again to put on the kilt! I am sending out this email to all those that have walked with the Virginia Scottish Games in previous years to ask if you would once again come walk with us on Saturday, March 1st, in the annual Alexandria St. Patrick's Day Parade.

Like last year, the parade steps off at 12:30p, so we'll be staging around 11:15a (exact details on time and staging location will follow in a separate email by the end of the week -- keep an eye out for it). Please come dressed in your kilts, tartans, and VSGA sweatshirts with your athletic "implements" in tow (any athlete that has not received a VSGA sweatshirt before for coming out and walking with us can get one on March 1st). Also, we will be distributing pencils and brochures to those lining the parade route.

Thank you again for your participation and I hope to see you all there on Saturday, March 1st! We always have lots have fun. Please respond to this email if you plan on attending so I can get a headcount. I have included my cell number if you can't find the VSGA unit on the morning of the parade, or if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Eric McCleaf
Virginia Scottish Games
mccleafe@gmail.com
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Re: HEre's your chance!

Postby FrankH on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:29 pm

Lee and I are planning to be there, although I think I'll need to let my kilt out a bit after chowing down for the past few months. :o
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Re: HEre's your chance!

Postby hmckenzie on Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:53 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'll be there! I think Steph will also be in attendance! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HMAC
hmckenzie

Return to General discussion