Anxious for Bridgeport

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Anxious for Bridgeport

Postby John Shingler on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:37 pm

Hello MASA brothers and sisters! I try not to intrude too much here. Is anyone else going bonkers in anticipation for Bridgeport besides me? I love this game and consider it to be the heart of what I look for in Highland Games.

Kevin and Deb I cannot tell you how much I appreciate being included in these games. Win, lose, place whatever...it's secondary to the event and the company. Thank you from my core!
John Shingler

Re: Anxious for Bridgeport

Postby FrankH on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:02 pm

Hey, John-- I agree, I love Bridgeport. It was my first Games, and remains my favorite. Deb and Kevin Anderson definitely run a top-notch competition. And having the World Championships there-- should be unbelievable. I hope you have been having a good winter; see you at Bridgeport!

--Frank
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby Steph Riley on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:04 pm

Bridgeport is always one of our best of the year because of the way Kevin and Deb spoil us, and just overall good people and location. But this year should be extra fun. Can't wait!
Steph Riley

Postby Rich McClain on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:11 pm

Yeah, I'm about to jump out of my chair. Bridgeport was my first games as well and nothing the rest of the season even came close to it. I can't wait!
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby randy on Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:25 pm

i'm sure i annoy the crap outta everyone i know around me talkin about Bport!

man, i love my wife...just today i thanked her for her support and for putting up with my every other sentence pertaining to Bport.

anyway, the Andersons are quite gifted in their festival abilities...i've done 11 other games, and, well...Bport is the bees knees!!

good ol' Bport...my first games as well...pre-kilt days...some of you guys will remember me wrapping a tartan tablecloth/blanket/something around myself. no pleats. not-so-great kilt. but it did the trick. certainly was funny-lookin. threw that 56 all of 13' and some change!! though i did pick the caber (the spare baby caber that Rob brought) 3 times.

finally put some air under the new shot...remembered the gravel parking lot at the park where we usually practice! felt good. shot is much more difficult than stone (imo). will work on glide, foot drills, and speed.

rking
STAY HUNGRY!!
randy

Postby Rich McClain on Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:49 am

So you're the guy. I heard the story, but never knew who it was. That's a great story.
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby Jeff Storey on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:54 pm

God help me, I downloaded "Country Roads" so we can blare it out the windows as we cross the state line. :lol:

I can't wait.
I used to think this kitchen was big, until I saw you guys in here...
-AGM's mom
Jeff Storey

Postby KiltHooligan on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:57 pm

Me and Heather blast "Country Road" there everytime... We have diffener versions of it which makes it funner for us... However, I suggest to any who wanna get the real-feel and beauty.... Take route 50 into Bridgeport... We love it.
KiltHooligan

Postby Jeff Storey on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:07 pm

I used to work at a summer camp out on 50. You could walk to West Virginia and be back in time for lunch. It's a nice drive out there.
About half the staff was from West Virginia and we'd sing that song as poorly and loudly as possible, then make it "....Sweet Virginia" just to tick them off. :D

that was good group of guys. Pat the Eco-Terrorist who nearly killed me for not smashing my milk cartons. :shock: and there was Chuck the Crazy-West-Virginian who was strong as crap and loved to pick up snakes. And Big Chuck, the cook, who complained to his chickens about the kids. And there was the big guy with long hair who made a mace with an ax handle and some spent brass from the shooting range and imprinted "Winchester" backwards in a kid's forehead. :lol:

Man, I love West Virginia.
I used to think this kitchen was big, until I saw you guys in here...
-AGM's mom
Jeff Storey

Return to General discussion