Come Walk with VSG in the St Paddy's Day Parade Saturday!

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Come Walk with VSG in the St Paddy's Day Parade Saturday!

Postby Steph Riley on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:09 pm

Just thought I'd make the subject line a little more advertising on this. This Saturday, March 1, is Alexandria's St Paddy's Day Parade. Please join us (meaning all the fun people) in walking with the Virginia Scottish Games contingent, followed by lunch and drinks at a pub near us, and catching up after a long winter's rest. Come and continue to get excited with the rest of us for the upcoming games in April. We usually have a good-sized group come out, so you will blend right in with the rest of us. You won't regret it! Here are the details......

From our Parade's Chair:

It is time once again to put on the kilt! I am sending out this email to all those that have walked with the Virginia Scottish Games in previous years to ask if you would once again come walk with us on Saturday, March 1st, in the annual Alexandria St. Patrick's Day Parade.

Like last year, the parade steps off at 12:30p, so we'll be staging around 11:15a (exact details on time and staging location will follow in a separate email by the end of the week -- keep an eye out for it). Please come dressed in your kilts, tartans, and VSGA sweatshirts with your athletic "implements" in tow (any athlete that has not received a VSGA sweatshirt before for coming out and walking with us can get one on March 1st). Also, we will be distributing pencils and brochures to those lining the parade route.

Thank you again for your participation and I hope to see you all there on Saturday, March 1st! We always have lots have fun. Please respond to this email if you plan on attending so I can get a headcount. I have included my cell number if you can't find the VSGA unit on the morning of the parade, or if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Eric McCleaf
Virginia Scottish Games
mccleafe@gmail.com
Steph Riley

Re: Come Walk with VSG in the St Paddy's Day Parade Saturday!

Postby CelticElf66 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:52 pm

So basically, what you are telling me is that you don't love me anymore and don't read my posts :(
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Postby hmckenzie on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:55 pm

It's ok Alex, I still heart you and your post!
hmckenzie

Postby Steph Riley on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:24 pm

I absolutely love you, Alex, and read your posts above all other's posts. However, in order to get prime turnout I wanted everyone to read your post, and I thought the subject line "Here's Your Chance" might not catch the attention of everyone here like "Come Walk with VSG in the St Paddy's Day Parade Saturday". Just upping the marketing here. Sorry...I was a journalism major for one semester in college, so I guess I'm thinking "headlines" here. BTW....we hope to see you Saturday, Alex....that would be so amazing and surprising. :lol:
Steph Riley

Postby miked on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

so, where is the staging area? I can bring the wagon of doom and we can fill it with implements. I want to know who's carrying the caber?? :shock:
miked

Postby CelticElf66 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:18 am

Hey, I have walked the parade route, many times. I just tend to have my goddaughter in tow and she lasts all of about twenty minutes watching the parade, walking would be significantly less.

May actually be there, you never know. Just wish I could get my kilt to fit! :evil:

A
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

CelticElf66

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 am

Sorry Guys, I've got a previous comittment on Saturday morning. Robin and I will see some of you in Dunedin. The rest of you, I guess we'll have to wait to see you at Southern Maryland. I understand Alex...hopefully my kilt will fit by then too!
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Postby Largemilk on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:58 pm

I'll be there!!
" A hammer a day keeps the chiropractor in pay"
Largemilk

Postby Steph Riley on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:10 pm

AMurray wrote:Hey, I have walked the parade route, many times. I just tend to have my goddaughter in tow and she lasts all of about twenty minutes watching the parade, walking would be significantly less.

May actually be there, you never know. Just wish I could get my kilt to fit! :evil:

A

I know you've put your time in, Alex, but that doesn't mean we're finished with ya! Plus, we didn't even get to see you at Richmond to close out last season. Are you at least coming to So MD? You don't even have to work. Just come and hang/drink with us.
Steph Riley

Postby CelticElf66 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:57 am

Could not miss John's wedding. It is one of the few things that would keep me from Richmond.

Will be there this weekend, though still not sure about walking in an Irish Parade :lol: One of my neighbors will be coming with me as she is half Scottish and we are walking buddies. No kilt though. :(

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Did not get to enough games last year!

A
Alexandra Duncan

CelticElf66

Postby CelticElf66 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:40 pm

Have had people asking who is coming. Anyone else?

ALSO - Very important - we'll be meeting at 11:15a at the NW corner of Duke and West!
Alexandra Duncan

CelticElf66

Postby miked on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:10 pm

Holly and Sophie and I are planning on coming, if the weather holds out. We don't want the wee one out if it's below 40.
miked

Postby CelticElf66 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:50 pm

Almost forgot:

Sunscreen and Raingear for everyone!

:lol:
Alexandra Duncan

CelticElf66

Postby Clancelt on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:13 pm

Ugh, the girl has classes Saturday morning and then we are going to our friend's anniversary party. Looks like we won't make it.

I have taken St. Patrick's day off from work for about the last 15 years. This year will be no exception. Anybody else into hitting the bar on a school day? :P We have a local pub we usually hit, but I'm open for anything :mrgreen:

-E-Dubya
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Postby miked on Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:08 am

Weeelllll . . . . . its not looking good for the Dickens clan. Sophie has a cold or something and has been sniffling and coughing. So, I think we are gonna have to pull out. The wind and cold air are looking a little to rough. :cry:
But, I hope everyone who shows up has a good time, and hoist one for us. :mrgreen:
miked

Postby Largemilk on Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:58 am

Sorry all, woke up with very upset tum-tum that requires being close to a toilet if you know what I mean. I hope you all have fun. We'll have to have a end of hibernation bash another time.
" A hammer a day keeps the chiropractor in pay"
Largemilk

Return to General discussion