Southern Maryland registration OPEN

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Southern Maryland registration OPEN

Postby agm on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:59 pm

As a reminder, or an introduction for our new folks: Registration is first-come, first-served. However, since not everybody can be at their computer at noon ready to pounce, all registrations received within the first 24 hours - until noon Friday - will be treated as having come in at the same time.

If your class is full, you may be placed on the waiting list. Mike will be carefully monitoring the lists - if you're registered or on the waiting list and have to drop out, let us know ASAP - post in this thread - so that we can let the next person in.

If a class fills up within the first 24 hours, and we have to bump someone to the waitlist, it will be done by random drawing. The top three from the previous year will be exempt from bumping. You can also select one games per year as your hometown games, and will be exempt from bumping. If you get bumped, you'll be exempt from bumping the rest of the year. But you still have to register within 24 hours. After that, it goes back to a strict first-come, first-served policy. Keep in mind that to ensure the smooth running of the games and the safety of all involved, Dave McKenzie can overrule these policies if necessary. And the folks who run the games can, of course, run their games however they see fit.

If you're over 40, and sign up for either the masters or open class but would be happy to throw in the other group to help balance out the numbers, please let us know.

And please make sure your athlete profile is up to date. Especially email address, home address and phone, and of course your emergency contact person.

If you don't remember your password, ask me. Don't create a new profile for yourself. It really screws things up. You can reach me at agm@highlandgames.net
agm
Site Admin

Re: Southern Maryland registration OPEN

Postby dWood on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:03 pm

and thier off and running :lol:
dWood

Postby Clancelt on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Ok, registered as an old fart, but will throw in either if need be as usual.

But I'm strong this year boys, and hopefully a little faster! Well as fast as 270lbs can move :P

Booooooya!
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Postby Will Tagye on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:00 pm

Myself and Don Stewart are now registered. It will be nice to throw down south, I miss that area. I can't wait to see how the year is going to start out!!
Will Tagye

Postby dWood on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:08 pm

great to hear Will..Terri and my 2 daughters will be throwing there and I will be manning the microphone...nice games..Masa are good supportive people and its alot of fun-when you find out yours and Don's lodging arrangements give me a holler...dan
dWood

Postby Will Tagye on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:12 pm

It sounds like some people are camping. Are you and the fam doing that or are you doing the hotel thing? I am still not sure which to do.
Will Tagye

Postby Gunny on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:25 pm

I'm registered. It's my first games, as well as my hometown games, so hopefully I'll get to throw with the other old farts.

I live about 15 minutes from the park, so if you can't find a place to set up tent, my front yard's flat.
Semper Fidelis

James (Gunny) Justice
Gunny

Postby dWood on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:34 pm

doing the hotel thing..Terri won't camp.. :evil: ohh ok I won't camp-need a nice soft wrm bed
dWood

Postby miked on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:17 pm

Dan Wood is gonna be announcing?? Well, at least this time I will know to bring my waders. haha ;)
miked

Postby Will Tagye on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:34 pm

I am not sure which option we are going to take yet.

Thanks for the offer Gunny, I will let you know if we need it!
Will Tagye

Postby dWood on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

whats the matter Mike-when I annouced you at Anne Arundel as 7 foot tall and able to shoot lightning bolts out your ass-thought you would step up to the plate but I guess being 5-9(in high heels) is tough..only kidding brother :lol:
dWood

Postby Mike Wills on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:34 pm

I think you have MikeD confused with me. Dickens is about 6'1". I am the short sexy one.
Mike Wills

Postby dWood on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:41 pm

No Mike Willis I know your the vertically challenged one(what does it say on nasga sig_I may be small but at least Im slow??) :lol: ..was juts playing with Mike Dickens-love his energy before a throw,,actually the whole masa group are cool-they welcomed me with open arms..are you going to So MD Mike W??
dWood

Postby Dan Jackson on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:35 pm

If I can remember my password I will register as an old guy but would be just as happy to be beaten on by the younger crowd if need be. :o
"Son, you haven't lived until you've had crabs." ~ Advice from my friend's Dad upon hearing that we were both going to collage.
Dan Jackson

Postby Rich McClain on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Hey, DWood.

I thought you did a great job at Anne Arundel. I zoned out for the masters WOB but was told how you really played up the McClain Brothers going head to head. It has been about 23 years since I was getting my name announced during high school football games and I didn't hear it then either, but people told me about it. Color commentary really keeps the crowd involved. The kidding is really special as well. It is just another example of the brotherhood that really makes the Highland Games special.

Thanks to everyone for doing their part to make the games what they are to me, special. :D
Rich McClain

Postby miked on Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Mike, if he had us confused he would have gone a bit lower than 5'9". ;) And, he would probably have used a colorful term like "pumpalicious". haha
Or, pro-semian. :lol:

Dan, I really loved the color commentary at Anne Arundel, too. It is always fun to have the crowd as involved as possible. I have been working pretty hard in the off-season, spending lots of time on the rack, so I should be pretty close to 7 feet. As for the flames out of my arse, I will load up on taco bell the night before. :shock:

Southern Maryland is a great games and festival. I am really looking forward to it. And, I won't be no-heighting in the sheaf this year. If I do, I'll buy a round for all the athletes.
miked

Postby Jeff Storey on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:41 pm

sweet, free drinks! :lol:
I used to think this kitchen was big, until I saw you guys in here...
-AGM's mom
Jeff Storey

Postby Clancelt on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:25 pm

Mike on game day: "Hey, where did all the forks go???"

:D
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Postby The McKenzie on Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:39 am

Dear Lord? Please give me the strength to get through another (gonna be great) year with this herd... and patience, and Alex! not much to ask.. Here we go again! Caber Up! wait, where is Peter? Jim?! I need a drink... lol, dsmck.
The McKenzie

Return to General discussion