Copyright Question

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Copyright Question

Postby hmckenzie on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:10 pm

So I was tinkering with the Masa Logo on the lovely homepage and I was wondering am I free to reproduce it on say a sweatshirt or a tee-shirt? My roomie works for a teeshirt company and my strange affinity for hooded sweatshirts got me to thinking that it might be fun to have one with masa on it. I was just wondering who I would talk to for permission to use the logo. I don't want to step on any toes. Any thoughts Adam or Mike? Thank you for the info!

Also provided it's cool to use and it looks decent (their color availability vs. masa design) I would be happy to entertain the idea of ordering for other peops.
HMAC
hmckenzie

Re: Copyright Question

Postby Mike Wills on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:25 pm

That logo was created by Max Buher. I don't know if anyone has heard from him in the past couple years? I doubt he would mind if you used it, as I think it became common property when he donated it to the site/group. Your only problem is that it is a low resolution jpg file that will be pretty blurry when you enlarge it.
Mike Wills

Return to General discussion