St. Patty's Parade

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

St. Patty's Parade

Postby CelticElf66 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Thank you guys for coming out. What a hoot! Had a ball. The mead was lovely. :D

For those of you who missed it, you should come next time. Put the first Saturday of December on your calendar for the Scottish Walk.

Alex
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Re: St. Patty's Parade

Postby Steph Riley on Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:17 pm

Alex, I'm so glad you walked with us! Had a great time, as usual, but sorry to hear that Frank and Charles had to miss because of raging stomaches. That sucks! And I had really hoped to check in with wee Sophie to see how she's grown. Missed all you folks, but a good time was still had by all. See you soon!
Steph Riley

Postby kristinkittleson on Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:12 pm

I've decided that my favorite part of being involved in the VSGA is the opportunities to hang out with the athletes - you guys are nuts! Take that as a compliment - normal people are boring! Thanks for the laughs!
kristinkittleson

Postby FrankH on Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:14 pm

Wish we could have made it! I went over to the ER at Alexandria hospital on Friday at lunchtime because I wasn't feeling too perky, hoping to get a prescription, and they admitted me for a couple days. Just got out a couple hours ago. Alls well that ends well though. Glad you guys had a great time; we hope to make it next time!
--Frank and Lee
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby CelticElf66 on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Frank - we were all missing both of you and very concerned for your health. A few toasts may have been made to your recovery. Hope you are improving!

Alex
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Postby KiltHooligan on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:59 pm

If no one mentioned to you Frank... I have them screaming "Frank the Tank" for few moments... Hope you feel better soon.
KiltHooligan

Postby FrankH on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:39 am

Shucks, thanks. I'm getting my act together slowly; hoping to start working out at a reduced level in another few days. On the positive side, I picked up my #2 gripper to see how much strength I had lost and closed it pretty easily, so I guess getting sick agrees with me. Sounds like you guys had a great time; I don't know why we don't manage to get 50-60 folks out there. Who doesn't like whoopin' and hollerin' and drinking beer? :D

Cheers.
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Return to General discussion