Change of Plans....

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Change of Plans....

Postby Drew Kirchen on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:23 pm

So, I was suppose to be home on R&R leave this month but the army decided to change my plans. My leave got cancelled and now I will not be home until the month of April. Crap, if I don't make it home then I don't get any R&R so lets hope I do. Right now it's looking like I will be there on the 1st or sometime around the 12th. I'm hoping either way I can make it out to either Bridgeport or S. MD. On that note, Mac, Stumpy, etc....do you think you guys could get me on the waiting list to throw too?????? I would probably be sucking but it would be fun anyways.

Anyways, I'm doin alright considering everything going on. The Kurds and Arabs are playing relativly nicely these days, hope they keep it up. Weather is starting to heat up....reached the high 80's with expected temps in the 90's this week. Man, I am so glad my team is getting out of here before we get up to the 120's again.

As far as training...man I'm getting nothing in compared to some of you freaks. Doing some oly lifting, plyos, LOTS OF RUNNING, and a few drills. Down in size from what you fellas remember me and just hoping I can keep up with you big boys this year.

Well, gotta go for now but keep up the hard work and I'll hopefully see everyone in a month or so.

Drew
Drew Kirchen

Re: Change of Plans....

Postby miked on Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:21 pm

Hey Drew,

good to hear from you bro, but sorry to hear the "needs of the army" are effecting you travel arrangements. But, if you will be here for one of the comps, that would be sweeet. Especially Bridgeport. Man, the world championships. It would be good to share a cold beer with you there.

However, don't think I am buying this "rope a dope", sandbagging "maybe I will be able to hang a little" nonsense for a second. I know better. ;) You may not, in fact, be training as much as you would like, but come competition time . . . I know we will have our hands full.

Take care and I look forward to seeing you in a couple of months.
miked

Postby Rich McClain on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:05 pm

Drew,
We're here for you, Brother. The leave thing stinks. I hope everything works out for you to make it to SoMd and/or Bridgeport. I know the Ams are thinking about you everytime they grab a implement or pick up a weight. Where I'm at we are getting pounded with snow. So far the coldest it has been in my garage while I was lifting has been 21 degrees. I'm not sure which is worse, the cold or heat. I would have to say I like the cold better myself.

Take Care and we'll see you soon.
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby Steph Riley on Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:00 am

Drew, we missed you at the parade. Heather and I had looked forward to seeing you out there. But hopefully your rest will come right in time for a competition. Who cares what size you are. Still good fun. Stay cool over there!
Steph Riley

Postby Clancelt on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:29 pm

It would be great to see you again brotha!

-Eric
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Postby jcollins on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:42 am

Drew,

It is definitely great to hear from you man and I am sorry about the leave thing not working out as planned. We are looking forward to competing with you again, even if won't be until Bridgeport or so. Hopefully things will continue to remain calm over there for the rest of your stay.

Also, I am with Dickens on the "maybe I'll be able to hang with you guys" thing. I am sure with what you have been up to over there and your natural ability you will be right back fighting for the top spot in every event from the get-go. It will be great to add another top competitor to the always strong and friendly MASA crew.

Take it easy and stay safe,

JC
My friend's flesh and blood
Night size - perfect ten
So rude - she´s no good
But she says...
She can taste the wind
Play to win
She PLAAAYS to win
jcollins

Postby FrankH on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:10 pm

Hey, Drew! Sorry to hear your R&R was postponed, but looking for you back on the field soon. --Frank
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Return to General discussion