REGISTRATION DOs AND DON'Ts

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

REGISTRATION DOs AND DON'Ts

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Thu May 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Just posting a list of Do's and Don'ts for the Registration process since we have a lot of throwers new to MASA and others that seem to forget ;)

1. DO: Register for games through this website
You will need to complete the registration form, indicate which games you are registering for and what class you will be competing in. If you are not sure, you can ask Alex or Me. We'll be glad to make sure you're in the right place.

2. DO: Pay $10 Registration Fee through PayPal
There is a $10 registration fee for most games. There are a few exceptions... Invitationals, "Backyard" Games (Weight City or Beach Games) or ANY games where the Athletes are charged admission (So. Md). We try to make sure that the PayPal button is removed from the registration pages of these games.

3. DON'T: Plan to pay registration fees on the field
As you know (or will find out) there are a lot of things going on Saturday morning of any games... Tracking down Athletes that have not paid their registration fees is NOT something I like adding to my list of "To Do's". It is a pain and messes up my tracking procedure. If you don't want to use PayPal, fine.... you can mail it to me, you can pay in advance at the beginning of the season for all games you plan on competing in, you can even pay in advance for the next upcoming games!

4. DON'T: Register without Payment then NO SHOW
This is a BIG DON'T! If you Register, PLEASE let us know ahead of time (ASAP) that you cannot be there for any reason! We often have wait lists. If you register and don't show, you are not only taking a spot but could be keeping someone else from throwing. I have had at least 1 from EVERY games THIS YEAR! I do keep a list of people that do this and I will prevent them from registering for games without payment if it becomes an issue! Sorry, but this affects the ability of others to compete. I also keep a file of paid registrations that had to be cancelled. I can hold that registration fee for another games IN THE SAME SEASON, if cancelled in enough time to allow another athlete to make travel arrangements to replace you (IF there is a wait list). If there is no wait list, it STILL needs be cancelled by the day before the games please. You can cancel by posting on the message boards in the Registration List Thread, by sending either Alex or me a PM, or by calling one of us if need be. We DO check the Boards!

5. DO: Check the message boards Registration List Thread AT LEAST the Day Before
We will always post specific instructions ie: gate of entry, gate entry lists or any other pertinent information to the Registration List Thread as soon as we get the info. PLEASE remember to check the thread BEFORE you leave home!

6. START TIMES
We need everyone to be on the field and set up at least 1/2 hr before we are scheduled to start. START TIME on Saturdays is 9am on Sundays is 9:30am. So No Later than 8:30 or 9am. There may be exceptions to this due to parking or access issues. We will post any changes on the Registration List Thread. All That being said... we can't say THANK YOU enough to those of you that show up early to help set up equipment! Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

7. Details on PayPal Payment Sheet
This is just a FAVOR to me... after the snafu we had with Ohio and Penn Renn registrations, I can't tell you how much I appreciated those of you that put which games you were registering for on your PayPal payment! If you would PLEASE, put Games and Class in the comments on your payment it would help me a lot.

I know you guys pay a lot of money to compete. The ENTIRE MASA Staff cares a lot about ALL of you. You're Family! We want to make things as easy for you and for us as we can. If you have any suggestions or concerns, let us know.
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Return to General discussion