Dublin Irish Festival 2013

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Dublin Irish Festival 2013

Postby bhuntley on Thu May 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Everyone,

We will be holding the Amateur Highland Games competition again this year.

We will have all classes; A's B's Masters and Women
We will do 7 of the nine events (hammers excluded)

One of the changes for this year is the Festival has agreed to allow us to do is start our event later in the afternoon and finish under the lights on the field. (anyone who was there last year when we did our last couple of events under the lights last year we had a GREAT crowd watching) We are going to try and capture the same audience we did last year by starting later and ending later.

Another thing that we are adding is a childrens event earlier that same day. we will be doing 3 events with the children.
Caber (lightweight cardboard tube)
Stone (something pretty small)
Sheep Toss (yes I said SHEEP) we are going to get a stuffed sheep and let the children use a plastic shovel to try and throw the sheep over the cross bar.

We are also proud to annouce that Mr. Francis Brebner has graciously agreed to come back this year and be our emcee for the event.

We have secured some more hotel rooms for friday and saturday nights. I would like to extend the invitation to the Athletes that are driving from farther away to stay the night on Saturday as we are going to be competing later into the evening. My biggest concern is the safety of people driving home late at night.

Entry fee will be $20.00. We will be imposing a new rule with regards to the entry fees at all GLSAA games.
YOU WILL NOT BE LISTED ON THE ATHLETE ROSTER UNTIL YOUR ENTRY FEE IS PAID
If you want to secure your entry into an event you will need to pay asap.

This is not the sign up thread for Dublin, I will post the signup thread 30 days prior to the event. (http://www.glsaa.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0)

Thank you
Brian
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
bhuntley

Return to General discussion