NJ Renn Faire Registration List and Info

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

NJ Renn Faire Registration List and Info

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:53 pm

First... PLEASE check this before you leave for these games for info regarding entrance, parking and anything else that may come up.

NJ Renn is a fun, laid back kinda of games. At this point there will be NO SHEAF or HAMMER. We throw in the jousting arena. For those that are familiar with Penn Renn but not NJ.... the arena is grass and much smaller. We will set the WOB up outside the fences and may do it early so that it can be moved so as not to spook the horses when we break for jousts. You are not likely to be able to bring your car to the field at all and it is a hike to the parking so plan on carrying or wagoning in your gear. Bring shade if you want some, there is little to be had otherwise. We will be limiting the entire field to 20 with Open Men and Open Women.

We need a volunteer to run the Sunday Demo/Audience Participation Games. Last year it was a HOOT!! Check with Alex for details.

The following registration list is current as of 5/22. As always, let me know right away if you find you have a conflict and won't be able to attend. Registrations shown in RED below are unpaid.

OPEN MEN
Sean McKay
Taylor McKay
John Dollard
Matt Hardesty
Al Yodakis
Joseph Erdos
Joshua Strassner
Travis Haddock
Jerry Mitchell
Rob Monroe

OPEN WOMEN
Amy Dollard
Kara Kincaid
Gwen Campbell
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Re: NJ Renn Faire Registration List and Info

Postby Kbascom9009 on Sun May 21, 2017 11:59 am

Sorry to say I cannot attend this games due to a conflict with my work schedule. Sorry for the late notice.

Throw Far!

-Kyle Bascom
Kbascom9009

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Mon May 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Sorry Kyle, we'll miss you. Thanks for the heads up.
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Postby karakincaid on Tue May 23, 2017 11:28 am

Should I plan on getting there before the gates open for the Renn Faire, say around 8/9am? Will throwing start at 10am?

- Kara
karakincaid

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Wed May 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Yes Kara. Everyone should plan to get there and parked in general parking before the gates open. Let them know at the gate that you are athletes for the Highland Games. Like I said, you will need to hike your gear in so plan time for parking and walking. Staff should be there before you get there to fore warn the gate people. You can text me (703) 650-8247 or Alex if you have any issues. See you there.
Mrs. T-Bone

Postby CelticElf66 on Wed May 24, 2017 7:54 pm

You will NOT be allowed to bring your car to the field, so please park and sherpa your stuff in. There is some seating on bleachers, but a better bet is to bring a fold up chair. There will be a number of breaks.

Please fill out and bring the following forms:

MASA Information and Announcer Form.doc
(47.5 KB) Downloaded 640 times

Looking forward to a nice day!

Alex
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Return to General discussion