New HG Sept 27th in Roanoke, VA

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

New HG Sept 27th in Roanoke, VA

Postby BillyS on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:08 pm

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:03 am Post subject: New Games September 27th Roanoke, VA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I am pleased to announce that there will be a new games in Roanoke, VA. September 27th. Make your travel plans now. I will open registration July 1, 2008. It will be a thrower's games. We will be piggy-backing on a medieval faire. At this time we have not contacted any clans and no other pipe bands will be there unless they just show up for free. Mike Gordon has agreed to come up & judge. We will have both A & B classes. Limited to 16 in each group. We will be providing lunch and shirts for all athletes. Warpipe will play 2 sets and their also wandering performers in medieval period garb. We did a demo there last year and had a fantastic response. Looking forward to this year being a full games.
We are on the Medieval faire's website.

http://www.medievalfantasiesco.com/GreenHill.htm

Look forward to hearing from everyone in July. I will post again near then to remind everyone.
Thanks
William Shrader
washrader@hotmail.com
BillyS

Re: New HG Sept 27th in Roanoke, VA

Postby miked on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:30 pm

sounds like a great venue for a comp. I am pretty sure that I will want to get registered. Please make sure to remind us all. This group has had too much scotch and had too many sheaves off the head to remember on our own.
miked

Postby BillyS on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Will do. The field used to be a polo field, three football fields long and 2 wide, we'll only take up a small portion of course, and it is nestled in the blue ridge mountains right near I-81. Beautiful setting, and hopefully a good games.
I will post here around the end of June as a reminder.
Thanks
BillyS

Postby Largemilk on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:13 am

I'm thinking I could definitely be up for that as well!!! You may have a great turn out just from the NoVa VMC!!
" A hammer a day keeps the chiropractor in pay"
Largemilk

Return to General discussion