"The World's Greatest Tosser"

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

"The World's Greatest Tosser"

Postby Beau Fay on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 am

I posted this on the Book of Faces several weeks ago, but also wanted to spread the word here that "The World's Greatest Tosser" by Dougie Edmunds is finally available on Amazon.

Edmunds published his seminal work back in 2001 and the book has been unavailable and out of print ever since. I bought a rare copy from Larry Brock at Pleasanton in 2006 and reading the text was almost a religious experience as I soon realized that I had discovered to the greatest book ever written about the Highland Games. Since that day, I made it a mission to reprint the book in order to share the epic text with the masses.

The book is littered with humorous, never-before-heard-of tales of the biggest games and names of the 1960s, 70s and 80s including the likes of Bill and Grant Anderson, Hamish Davidson, Geoff Capes, Arthur Rowe, George Clark, Willie Robertson, Laurie Bryce, Bill Kazmaier, Chris Okonkwo, Fred Vaughn, Keith Tice, Colin Mathieson, Dan Markovic, Jim McGoldrick, John Ross, and many, many more.

A must for all fans of the history of the games.

https://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Greatest- ... 1539874168
I kinda like goldfish... live.
Beau Fay

Return to General discussion