IMPORTANT - VA Scottish Games DETAIL

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

IMPORTANT - VA Scottish Games DETAIL

Postby CelticElf66 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:08 am

To answer a question on the registration post, NO ATHLETES should be going up the hill to drop equipment. You are all fully capable of carrying your equipment in. Please do not try and talk your way past the CAPs doing parking they are not authorized to make exceptions. If you think you are an exception to the rule, either PM/email me or if you are not willing to do that, think again.

That being said (as I put on my sweet voice) we are looking at the possibility of being on TV Friday morning, September 1. I need folks who are willing to come out as early as 6 am to demonstrate athletics. When we have done this previously, we had a good showing of about ten athletes. Would love to have that again. I would like to showcase the wide range of people who throw

Please e-mail me at celticelf66@comcast.net if you are willing and able. We are also looking for pipers, highland dancers, etc.

For all registered athletes, there will be a list at Will Call with your name on it. Check in there and they will give you a wristband to get in. The wristband is good for both days, but you only get one so if you plan on being there both days don't trash it the first day ;-) If you have family members or friends who would like to help out on the field (or elsewhere in the games) so they can get in free, we are looking for volunteers at http://www.vascottishgames.org If they want to work in athletics, they need to say they are specifically working for me. If we have not discussed their helping out previously, please do me the courtesy of e-mailing me and making sure we need another warm body on the field.

Very much looking forward to seeing you all in a few short weeks,
Alex
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Re: IMPORTANT - VA Scottish Games DETAIL

Postby CelticElf66 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:00 am

We are having ABC out on Friday morning. If you are able to join us, we will be demoing athletics. We need to be on the field at 7:15 AM. They will have us on air between 8 and 10.

Also, be prepared to throw heavy hammer. The field at VSG is narrow. We will be getting hammer out of the way early in the day while crowds are smaller. Pros/AA and Open on Saturday and ECCs on Sunday will START with heavy hammer.
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Return to General discussion