Throwing footwear for big feet

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Throwing footwear for big feet

Postby tubachris85x on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:12 am

So, I just started recently, and my first comp was at VSG this past weekend. I have been using my hiking-type boots for practice and for the comp, but find that it's not entirely suitable under wet conditions, allowing my feet to slide and overall negatively affecting my throws, particularly weight for distance. A fellow thrower suggested acquiring "javelin shoes" as a good alternative than say other forms of cleats. I wear between a size 15-16 depending on brand, but need them in WIDE (or EE). Unfortunately, I had purchased a pair of 15s (the max size), but they're narrow and don't fit me quite right. Upon doing further searching, it seems these particular types of shoes max out at 15 with no other variation in width.

So my dilemma now is finding an alternative to this, if such exists or if possibly there's a source for larger sized shoes I may have missed. If anyone's got more experience or had the same issue as me, I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks!

-TC
"I drink, and I throw things"
tubachris85x

Return to General discussion