Any training groups still active in Northern VA?

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Any training groups still active in Northern VA?

Postby B. McCraw on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 am

Recently moved to the area and looking for some people to throw with, hopefully around the Reston / Vienna area. I know Bryan McClain had a group for a while, but I have had no luck getting in touch. Closest group I can find is Rob Munroe's, but it is a bit of haul. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bryce
B. McCraw

Re: Any training groups still active in Northern VA?

Postby purplearc on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi Bryce,
There are still several of us who train at Bryan McClain's. Usually Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. I live in Oakton/Vienna and am happy to meet with you as well.
We'll probably start meeting as a group in late Feb/early March - as soon as weather is a bit more cooperative. First warm day though - I'll be out there.
Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll pass it on to Bryan. He is not on this site very often anymore.
Or you can try to reach him via Facebook.

Julie
Julie "P2" Dyer
Centreville, VA
"It's never too late to be what you might have been."
purplearc

Re: Any training groups still active in Northern VA?

Postby Travass on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Hi Bryce . My name is Travis Haddock. I’m a thrower out in Alexandria. We typically throw on the weekends . Weather hasn’t been our friend lately . Where are you currently located ?
Travass

Return to General discussion