Anybody Care for a Race?

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Anybody Care for a Race?

Postby kristinkittleson on Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:59 am

Hey folks!

While I haven't committed (as in laid my money down) quite yet, I am planning to run the Apple Blossom 10K race during the Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester, VA - both to see if I can do a 10K (5 has gone alright so far) and to promote the VSGA, complete with kilt and VSGA staff shirt (AND SHORTS!) ;) . The Apple Blossom Festival is from April 25 - May 4, 2008 with the race taking place on Saturday, May 3. It is a race that includes cash prizes and a maximum time period to complete the race (they do have a festival to hold, you know).

If anyone is interested, please contact me at darkris010601@yahoo.com. I'd love the company! :D
kristinkittleson

Re: Anybody Care for a Race?

Postby Clancelt on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:06 pm

Can I use a bicycle? :P

Man, my feet and shins hurt just thinking of the impact.....
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Postby Mike Wills on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:15 pm

We live 15 minutes north of Winchester and my wife doesn't like the fact that the Bridgeport, WV highland games always happen on Apple Blossom weekend...but I suspect that whole lot of us will be in Bridgeport that weekend to compete and also to witness the World Championships.
Mike Wills

Postby kristinkittleson on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:06 am

BUMMER!!!! Damned world championships!!! KIDDING!!! GOOOOOO Championships! The ladies that belong to my Crossfit class at Boyce's Martial Arts in Winchester are all interested in running too but I bet they're going to want to represent the school. Well, if anybody hears of anybody that can't make it to Bridgeport but is free that Saturday morning, could you send them my way? :(
kristinkittleson

Postby KiltHooligan on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:09 pm

I wish you luck on the run... :D As for the Apple Blossom Festival... Ugh.... I've finally found away around all of that to continue on to Bridgeport, WV. Yes, I enjoy taking the old route 50... :P
KiltHooligan

Return to General discussion