PENN RENN LIST & INFO REGISTRATION CLOSED

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

PENN RENN LIST & INFO REGISTRATION CLOSED

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Sat May 26, 2018 12:49 pm

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR THESE GAMES. LIST BELOW IS FINAL

DO NOT USE TIMES FOR RENN FAIRE TO PLAN YOUR ARRIVAL!! WE START THROWING BEFORE THEY OPEN THE GATES!! IF YOU MISS THE FIRST EVENT YOUR SCORES WILL NOT COUNT!!

Penn Renn list is below. As usual, we will all throw as 1 flight. Please plan to be on the field at 8am(ish) to help set up. We'll start about 9am. We have a large group so please don't be late. We will not be throwing light hammer or sheaf so there's no need to set up the big standards. You may park in the back and enter through the horse gate at the jousting arena or you may park out front at the participants lot and come in through that gate. For those coming for the first time... there is little to no shade unless you bring some. There is an area for pop-ups and we share well. You may want to bring lunch as it is a walk to faire food vendors and time may be tight given the size of the group. We throw in a large sand area (jousting arena) from a raised sod platform. Conditions are challenging so be prepared for anything. Registrations shown in RED are unpaid. This list is effective as of 6/5 AND IS FINAL

PLEASE PRINT, COMPLETE AND BRING THE FORMS BELOW WITH YOU. SEE YOU SATURDAY
Weather looks like we will have a good chance of getting wet. Bring your rain gear and sunscreen because it is Penn Renn afterall

OPEN MEN
Timothy Louisignau
Ryan Morton
Sean Mckay
Brett Moore
Joshua Strassner
Dave Pearce
"Chas" Charles Wagner
Andrew Kruger
John Ochsner
Matt Hardesty
Timothy Faulkner
CJ Shaw
Bobby Bowlin
Eddie Harrington
Thomas Garman
Evan Stivala
Alex Kruger
John Slensby
Chris Carr

MASTERS
Chris Cunningham
Dan Jackson
Rob Monroe
Tim Ross
Mike Melia
Dale Green
Bill Ryan
Attachments
MASA Information and Announcer Form.pdf
(79.76 KB) Downloaded 881 times
2018 Celtic Fling Release & Emergency Contact Info.pdf
(391.78 KB) Downloaded 861 times
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Re: PENN RENN REGISTRATION LIST & INFORMATION

Postby robert monroe on Sun May 27, 2018 4:41 pm

just registered, please let me know if I'm in
trry harder and you will suck less
robert monroe

Postby Tim on Tue May 29, 2018 12:28 am

I can't allow Dan and Chris to throw unsupervised, so I am coming to keep them in line. Rock on!
"I love to sing, and I love to drink Scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink Scotch."- George Burns.

Rock the House
Tim

Postby Cunny on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:09 pm

Good idea Tim, ;)
H.G. Member since 2004
York, PA
Cunny

Re: PENN RENN LIST & INFO REGISTRATION CLOSED

Postby boblong on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Due to my current health issues I will not be able to participate in these games, or possibly any more games at all. My current exercise routine consists of mostly cardiac rehab, due to atrial fibulation problems which have progressed to a diagnosis of heart failure. I am much better than I was Feb/March and I hope to be healthy enough by September to possibly participate at Carlisle.

I would like to come to Penn Renn games as I think I can be of some help, if Steph allows. If not, maybe just hang out with the guys whom I will miss very much. Thank You all. Bob Long
Bob Long
boblong

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:26 am

Oh Dear! Glad to hear you are improving Bob. You will always be welcome on the field or in the athlete's tent. You're family ;)
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:28 pm

Just wanted to post my thanks and appreciation to all of the guys that showed up to throw at Penn Renn. The entire staff was impressed with all of you and the way such a big group was able to work together to get things done in good time. Thankfully the rain held out for the most part and it ended up again being a pleasant day to throw in PA. I'll see you all in September at VSG. Have a GREAT summer!
Mrs. T-Bone

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:31 pm

In my review of numbers prior to sending them to Alex revealed an error in placement. The correction is below. It did not affect top 4. just a rearrangement of 5, 6 and 7.
5th Bobby Bowlin
6th CJ Shaw
7th John Ochsner

Darn this being human stuff stinks! Sorry guys :o
Mrs. T-Bone

Postby boblong on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:21 am

Update on my medical: I completed cardiac rehab 12 weeks and have returned to the gym. I have also returned to the games. Threw at the Penn's Wall Highland Games on Saturday 09/08. While my scores were pitiful, no medical issues resulted. I am 6 months out from heart failure diagnosis and while I am not well, I sure am better. Thanks to all for support and help and especially to the games directors at Penn's Wall. and to Chaz Wagner for good advise. Maybe I'll be ok by spring.

Bob Long
Bob Long
boblong

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:46 am

Excellent report Bob! Glad to hear rehab is doing you well. Keep getting better and we'll see you in the spring! ;)
Mrs. T-Bone

Return to General discussion