First Games

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

First Games

Postby TakoTac0s on Sun May 05, 2019 3:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I will be doing my first games at the end of the month and I am looking forward to it!

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or tips so that I don't make a fool of myself or forget anything?

Also should I bring my own pitch fork and where do you recommend I acquire one, since I do not have one yet.

Thank you!
TakoTac0s

Re: First Games

Postby CelticElf66 on Thu May 23, 2019 10:58 am

I hope someone PM'd you!

Yes, you should have your own pitchfork, three tines please. If you do not have one, most folks are willing to share. They may ask you to treat their fork with loving care, however. If you are throwing at NJ Renn, you will not need one there.

Pay attention to where you are in throwing order so you know when to shag and when to throw.

Always pack sunscreen, rain gear, and water.

Always, always, always, have a good attitude. This is a sport with some of the best folks I know. They are a family and willing to help you, coach you, and more. Just don't be a bad sport.

Looking forward to meeting you on the field.

Alex
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Re: First Games

Postby TakoTac0s on Thu May 23, 2019 11:01 am

Thank you for response! This should help! And yes I will be throwing at the NJ Renn Faire, so I will have some time to get a fork!
Thanks again!
TakoTac0s

Return to General discussion