NJ Renn Faire - INFO & Forms

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

NJ Renn Faire - INFO & Forms

Postby CelticElf66 on Thu May 23, 2019 11:46 am

2019 NJ Renn Faire Release & Emergency Contact Info.pdf
NJ Renn Fair Release - 2019
(102.65 KB) Downloaded 737 times

MASA Information and Announcer Form.pdf
MASA Info Form
(80.35 KB) Downloaded 717 times

Apologies for being so late in getting this posted. Too many things going on ;-)

Please print, fill out, and bring with you both forms. I do not believe we will have anyone announcing, but good to have the info just in case.

NJ Renn is a fun, laid back kinda of games. There will be NO SHEAF or HAMMER. We throw in the jousting arena. For those that are familiar with Penn Renn but not NJ.... the arena is grass and much smaller. We will set the WOB up outside the fences and may do it early so that it can be moved so as not to spook the horses when we break for jousts.

Unless you arrive super early, you are not likely to be able to bring your car to the field and it is a hike to the parking so plan on being your own sherpa. Bring shade if you want some, there is little to be had otherwise. All tents need to be set up on the tree line please. SUNSCREEN! Also, you CANNOT park on the field, so you will have to Sherpa your stuff out as well.

2019 NJ Renn Faire Schedule.pdf
NJ Renn Faire Schedule
(351.89 KB) Downloaded 742 times

I would like to get WOB and LWFD out of the way early on. As such, I would like throwing to start at 10:30. Plan on caber being done at 1:45 (immediately after the joust) to keep the crowd engaged.

AND, Jerry Mitchell has kindly agreed to work with us on Sunday doing Audience Participation. You are more than welcome to come back and help out as well. There may be a surprise guest thrower helping out as well.

Questions?
Alex
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Re: NJ Renn Faire - INFO & Forms

Postby TakoTac0s on Sat May 25, 2019 8:00 am

A question that had not occurred to me until just now while sitting in an empty renaissance faire, what time is check in? Lol
-Corey Lewis
TakoTac0s

Re: NJ Renn Faire - SCORES

Postby CelticElf66 on Fri May 31, 2019 5:30 pm

2019-05-25 NJ Renn Scores.pdf
2019 NJ Renn Faire Scores
(65.1 KB) Downloaded 722 times

Let me know if you find any typos.

Alex
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Return to General discussion