2021 MASA Season

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

2021 MASA Season

Postby CelticElf66 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:04 pm

Hey, I miss you people!

I hope you and your families are well. Probably time for a bit of an update? I think so. As an FYI, the Alexandria/Ballyshaner’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade has been cancelled for 2021.

April 17 - Cedar Creek Battlefield (Middletown, VA) -
New festival - Still a possibility, still waiting to hear from them
April 24 - Southern Maryland - Still a possibility, waiting to hear back from the health department on their proposal, likely early this week.
May 29 - Mountain State Scottish & Celtic Gathering (Doddridge County, WV) -
New festival - Going forward
June 5 - Garrett County/Friendsville - Still a possibility. Decision expected to be made end of March
June 12 - Carroll County Celtic Festival (Westminster, MD) –
New festival – Planning on going forward, but still waiting on word from the state. Expect a final decision at the end of March,
June 26 - Ohio Scottish Games - Still looking at moving forward. Scheduled decision for February 21, but there is a Zoom later today.
June 26 – Penn Renn/Celtic Fling – Sounds as though it will be going forward.
September 4/5 – Virginia Scottish Games – No firm decision made yet on going forward or not, but planning continues.
October 23/24 (?) – Richmond Highland Games & CF - No firm decision made yet on going forward or not.

I expect that if not all, at least the festivals that go forward in the early part of the year are going to be looking at cutting costs in addition to scaling back on events. Not fun, but we should all think about ways we can help with that.

WE WILL NOT BE OPENING ANY REGISTRATIONS EARLY! All registrations will be open four weeks out, on the Thursday, at approximately noon.
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Re: 2021 MASA Season

Postby Samuelwurzelbacher on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:37 am

Update on Ohio Scottish Games 2021
-I spoke with them last night and the heavy events may happen but could be virtual. A final decision has yet to be made.
I am copying and pasting their post on Facebook below for everyone.

"It is with a heavy heart that we announce that the in-person 2021 Ohio Scottish Games & Celtic Festival is canceled. We will, instead, hold a virtual highland games June 25-26. We know this announcement will be disappointing to a great many. Please know that the trustees had much discussion and analysis and, in the end, for the future of the Ohio Scottish Games & Celtic Festival and the safety and wellbeing of both the competitors and our guests, we felt this decision was necessary."
Samuelwurzelbacher

Re: 2021 MASA Season

Postby TheHammer on Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:43 pm

Virtual Heavy Events?
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

David Marble
The new sheaf gnome
and board lurker extraordinaire
TheHammer

Return to General discussion