Best way to get started

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Best way to get started

Postby JackRainey on Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:08 pm

Looking to learn and compete in these games I watched them for the first time today and really enjoyed it. I've read the getting started page and it seems I need some equipment and some help. Where is the best place in this area to get the weights for the events? is there anyone in New Jersey training that would be willing to help me out? and nice to meet you all I hope to have a good time and have some fun with this sport !
JackRainey

Re: Best way to get started

Postby Al Yodakis on Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:07 pm

Jack,
I'm in Colts Neck, NJ so may work depending on where you are. My throwing is tapering off now with the season over but I'd be happy to help next year or discuss training.
ayodakis@gmail.com

Al
Al Yodakis

Postby JackRainey on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:46 am

I'm only about an hour north of you so I'd definitely be able to get down there some time. sent you an email I could definitely use some help with training over the winter I've never thrown anything before so this is a whole new world to me. shot you an email!
JackRainey

Postby Malcolm Doying on Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:46 pm

For the Throwing Weights please see: OldCelt100@aol.com Home Phone 410-721-7610 Malcolm For Hammers, Sheafs, Badger Snot (stickum) etc. Greg Martz gmartz@ymail.com 540-829-3384
Malcolm Doying

Return to General discussion