VA SCOTTISH GAMES ROSTERS & INFO **CLOSED**

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

VA SCOTTISH GAMES ROSTERS & INFO **CLOSED**

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:14 am

SORRY, BUT NEW THROWERS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THESE GAMES! IF YOU HAVE BEEN TRAINING WITH ONE OF MASA's ATHLETE TRAINERS YOU MUST STILL BE APPROVED TO THROW. PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT SSTEWART100@COX.NET FOR CONSIDERATION.

VSG list is below. Please plan to be on the field at 8am(ish) to help finish set up on Saturday morning. We'll start throwing about 9am on Saturday and 9:30 on Sunday. Open Men and Pros will throw on Saturday. Masters and Combined Women/Masters Women and ECC will throw on Sunday. Open Men's, Combined Women's and Masters' flights will be limited to 15. All registrations after these limits will be put on the wait list. Please plan to park down the hill. Registrations shown in [color=#FF0000]RED
are unpaid. Alex or I will update this thread as more instructions are needed. As always, please check this thread BEFORE you leave for the games. If you find that you are not going to be able to throw, PLEASE let me know ASAP. This list is current as of 8/31.

We will throw 3 flights on Sunday. This will be a bit tricky since the field is tight. It will take everyone's cooperation to make sure we all stay safe. All flights Saturday and Sunday will throw hammer early. On Saturday the Open Men will lead off with hammer followed by the Pro flight. On Sunday the ECC flight will start with hammer, followed by the Masters then the Women. We'll set up the rest of the order on the field.

Forgive me y'all... I am having to track payments down. Notifications from PayPal haven't been sent on quite a few it seems. If I can't track it down for you I will email you. I'm in Florida and I left my games bag in Virginia. If you have a payment from a previous game on hold and I am showing you unpaid (RED) below please email me and let me know. I will move the papers around when I get back. Please don't worry, I'll get to the bottom of all of it

ALL FLIGHTS ARE CLOSED - ROSTER IS FINAL

Open Men
Christopher Williams
William Ross-Argueta
Connor Edsall
Brandon Pinkney
Joshua Shepard
Chris Olson
David Marble

Open & Masters Women
Amanda McMillen (Women)
Beth Smith (Women)
Kim Davis (Women)
Christine Heppner (Women)
Emy Brown (Women)
Kirstie Corder (Women)

Katie Tennant (Masters Women)
Cindy Way Caple (Masters Women)
Sky Stephens (Masters Women)
Libby Johnson (Masters Women)
Bonnie Hicks (Masters Women)
Melissa Lindsay (Masters Women)
Tracey Burrell-Combs (Masters Women)
Susan Batman (Masters Women)
Melissa Rawllins (Masters Women)
Julie Dyer (Masters Women)
Erica Thieman (Masters Women)

Masters Men

Christopher Burns
Sam Parlow
Stephen Smith
Gordon Greer
Chris Olson
Joshua Shepard
David Marble
Joe Fogler
Matt Borich
Nathaniel Barnes
Jose McKinney
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Re: VA SCOTTISH GAMES ROSTERS & INFO

Postby purplearc on Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:11 am

Registration paid, 8/18
Julie "P2" Dyer
Centreville, VA
"It's never too late to be what you might have been."
purplearc

Re: VA SCOTTISH GAMES ROSTERS & INFO **CLOSED**

Postby TheHammer on Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:06 pm

I believe there is at least one typo in the scores posted to NASGA. Sam Parlow did not throw a 62 foot braemar.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

David Marble
The new sheaf gnome
and board lurker extraordinaire
TheHammer

Re: VA SCOTTISH GAMES ROSTERS & INFO **CLOSED**

Postby Tim on Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:32 pm

I don't know. Sam is pretty awesome. it is likely that the braemar throw was actually 82 ft.
"I love to sing, and I love to drink Scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink Scotch."- George Burns.

Rock the House
Tim

Return to General discussion