Question for masters...

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Question for masters...

Postby Abner Stolzfuz on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:36 pm

Is there any games for throwers over 40 years old. I am very big and strong and think I would do well. Are there any festivals around the Eastern PA area coming up I could register for?
Abner Stolzfuz

Re: Question for masters...

Postby Tim on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:35 pm

Abner Stolzfuz wrote:I I am very big and strong and think I would do well.

I am not very big or strong and I don't do especially well. :lol: I am however over 40 and there are several games with masters in your area. Check the schedule on the home page.
"I love to sing, and I love to drink Scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink Scotch."- George Burns.

Rock the House
Tim

Postby agm on Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:19 pm

Well, Ste... oops, sorry, Abner,

The only MASA games in PA this year will be at the Renn Fair in Manheim on June 28. We also have the Steppingstone games in Havre de Grace, MD on June 8, in the northeast corner of Maryland, less than an hour and a half from you in Philadelphia. There are other games in PA not connected to MASA, but I think they all start Masters at 45.

And yeah, I think you might do pretty well, but Troy might have something to say about it.
agm
Site Admin

Postby Abner Stolzfuz on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:43 am

Abner Stolzfuz is not scared of this Troy Herr fellow. I raised three barns this week and churned a whole lot of butter so i'm ready to make my mark on your highland games. When you see me you'll know its me because the state of Pennsylvania is making me where a reflective triangle on my back because it is so wide.

The Amish revolution is about to begin and there is nothing that is going to stop it.
Abner Stolzfuz

Postby Mike Wills on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:35 am

I would send you over to train with a guy in your area named Steve Pulcinella...but word is that he is broken down and finished...and never really was that good to start with. Maybe you are just better off doing farm work and showing up.
Mike Wills

Postby Tearlach on Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:43 am

Fellow Throwers,

You all cannot forget that we will have the McClain Festival in Carlisle Pa on Labor Day Sat. The Cumberland County historical society web site has information, and I will post it here as well. One note the MAsters class there starts at age 50. Any questions feel free to post and I will try and answer.

Chuck
Live everyday like it's your last, enjoy life,love your family, leave nothing but spent energy on the game field, so that when the final summons comes, you can leave this world with no regrets.
Chuck
Tearlach

Location: Mechanicsburg, Hampden Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania

Postby dWood on Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:17 pm

Interesting assumption Mr Wills,(the one about Stevie Pulcinella being washed up :lol: )
dWood

Postby Mike Wills on Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:17 pm

Just having a little fun Dan. I'm 99% sure that lil Abner = Big Steve.
Mike Wills

Postby Abner Stolzfuz on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:01 pm

I do know Steve and he has trained me a little. He is actually in good shape right now. I saw him throw the 42 over 60' in his fist practice of the season so far.
Abner Stolzfuz

Postby Mike Wills on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:07 pm

So I would assume that all the major injuries are pretty healed up? I know it seemed like a really tough stretch for a good while. Glad to see you are feeling good and ready to compete again.
Mike Wills

Postby Abner Stolzfuz on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Hey Mike, I feel great. My weight is getting down to a healthy range, I train with modest weights, I actually would love to compete a couple times this year but with working seven days a week I never know when i can get away.

~Steve
Abner Stolzfuz

Postby agm on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Abner Stolzfuz wrote:I do know Steve and he has trained me a little. He is actually in good shape right now. I saw him throw the 42 over 60' in his fist practice of the season so far.

Well, then, get out there and take down Don's and Kearney's marks. But do it soon, because Ryan's planning on throwing the 42 later this year.
agm
Site Admin

Postby Abner Stolzfuz on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Nah, I really have no time for the games anymore. I think I got it all out of my system.

Well, then, get out there and take down Don's and Kearney's marks. But do it soon, because Ryan's planning on throwing the 42 later this year.[/quote]
Abner Stolzfuz

Return to General discussion