Thanks to all at So Md

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Thanks to all at So Md

Postby dWood on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks to everyone-had a great time but special thanks to Alex and kate mason and lacy Johnston for helping with terri once she went down with heatstroke.It's nice to see athletes so helpfull with one another even though they are fierce athletic rivals-their friendship and concern show when an athlete is hurt or injured...otherwise great games..great job by Pat Shema,Malcom Doying,Jim Cawley,Alex,MacKenzie and crew in managaing 3 fields..over 45 athletes without a hitch
dWood

Re: Thanks to all at So Md

Postby FrankH on Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:43 pm

Hey, Dan-- thanks for the great job announcing the athletic events. It made a huge difference with the crowd. I don't recall nearly that many people in years past.

Sorry to hear about Terri; I had no idea. Very glad to hear that she's OK. Thanks again-- see you at Rhode Island? --Frank
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby dWood on Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:40 pm

Thanks Frank...don't think I'll make RI(in the middle of coaching AAu basketball season) but may catch up with you at Glasgow lands,Mass....real nice throwing yesterday..all the masters looked good..but you,Gene,and Bryan all put it into extra gear and looked solid..real nice wob battle with you and Gene-had me real envious 8-)
dWood

Postby Malcolm Doying on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:39 pm

Your announcing was great. Sorry the PA system wasn't up to the job. I am going to push for a real sound system for next year. You and your family are great for our sport. Terri's Demo's were the inspiration for the Women's Class on the East Coast.
Thanks again
Malcolm and Pat
Malcolm Doying

Postby CelticElf66 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:08 am

Glad that Terri was doing so much better by the time we finished up. Am glad we were able to help.

Everyone needs to make sure they not only keep drinking water, but alternate with something like gatorade. Make sure you eat!
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Postby chirolifter on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:00 pm

Thanks Dan, you did an awesome job bro... Wish you could have had some fun with us!!! Hope Terri is recovered... See ya soon.
Gene
Strive for Perfection, Settle for Excellence !!!
chirolifter

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Ditto, Thanks Dan for your great job. Sorry I didn't get much of a chance to see you during the day. Glad to hear Terri is OK and it was cool to have to whole Wood clan on the field. When you're working the other side of the field all day you really miss a lot. It sounds like a fabulous day was had by most everyone. An awesome start to the season as usual. Malcolm Thank You! For everything you and your crew do to get us started. Even though it is technically uphill to Bridgeport it's all downhill from here. I couldn't be prouder of our MASA Athletes and Staff. Ya'll are family, friends, competitors as well as being men and women of honor. I guess that's why we all look forward to Southern Maryland every year. And thus begins again another season....Power and Luck to all.
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Postby Steph Riley on Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:22 am

Dan, your daughters are welcome to serenade us with their fiddle playing, anytime. That was really nice to hear through the day.
Steph Riley

Postby hmckenzie on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:42 pm

Steph the fiddle players were amelia and lauren. While of Course Kristin and Kaitlyn are always welcome, it was another pair of newbies that did the fiddle playing! Great job to both of you esp Lauren in the fiddle comp!
HMAC
hmckenzie

Postby Largemilk on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:49 pm

My thanks to everyone at Southern Maryland again this year. It was an awesome day and an awesome group to hang out with. The new field location was brilliant! Hats off to Malcolm and all the staff of the SM Games and off course to the wonderful growing MASA family of staff. You all rock! And special thanks to everyone who showed concern for my aches and pains. I don't recommend a pinched nerve to anyone, Frank can attest to that and we all have our aches and pains. It meant a lot that so many people asked and were concerned. Total rocking family affair, love ya'll. See you all this weekend for what will surely be a weekend full of high drama and even higher degrees of excitement!!!
" A hammer a day keeps the chiropractor in pay"
Largemilk

Postby Steph Riley on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:03 pm

hmckenzie wrote:Steph the fiddle players were amelia and lauren. While of Course Kristin and Kaitlyn are always welcome, it was another pair of newbies that did the fiddle playing! Great job to both of you esp Lauren in the fiddle comp!

Oh! That shows how much time I had to meet everyone. Well, it was purty, whoever it was. :D
Steph Riley

Postby Malcolm Doying on Thu May 01, 2008 11:17 am

If you had come to the Ceilidh you would have seen them put on a great show. The best part was when Lauren's Mom joined in with her fiddle. She has a broken left hand, so Lauren worked the strings while Mom, Sarah, worked the bow. Amazing!!
Malcolm
Malcolm Doying

Return to General discussion