Many thanks and good times...

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Many thanks and good times...

Postby Aaron on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:40 am

I just got the time to post..first wanted to say thanks to all the guys that I met. Was impressed with everyone's abilities and the great attitude by everyone. I am hooked on the games and look forward to the next games. Even through I looked like the famous monkey and the football on the caber, sheaf and WOB...I did learn a lot. Its cool at everyone wants to do well but it is not at the expense of someone else...I sure it would be even funnier to let the new guy screw up more but free advise never hurt...and it was well received...in fact yesterday while waiting to testify in court had a big open room, moved some things and did some practices and movements (dip and drive for sheaf and for throws)

I also learned other off games related info such as having a hat is a good idea, getting boot spikes (to help with the hammer), learned the shagging order, and to aim the wob over the bar not out at the crowd. Also according to my wife, I need to post the 2 pics from my 1st wob attempt (again think about the famous moneky and his football) so everyone one gets a big laugh.

to all the new guys who may not have come out or dropped out for fear of looking like me on their first time, its cool...but I can say that all the practicing does not make taking the feild easier...you still learn that it is different....i mean it is easy to throw something but to aim it up and over a bar AND to get some height on it is a true skill

Thanks agian guys and see you on the field
Aaron

Return to General discussion