Bonnie Brae & Green Lane

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Bonnie Brae & Green Lane

Postby agm on Thu May 08, 2008 9:48 am

They're not MASA games, but they're in our geographic area, so y'all might be interested. In the past it's been difficult to get information about these games, and the low athlete turn-out has reflected this. Well, no more. Here's the info:

The Bonnie Brae games are on June 7 (same day as McHenry, and the day before Steppingstone) in Liberty Corner, NJ.

The Green Lane games are on September 6 - 7 - you compete both days - just north of Philadelphia (same weekend as Ligonier). Big crowds; camping is available.

One open flight each games; 15 athletes total. Jon Bova is the AD. Registration is open now, online at http://www.highlandgames.net/register/. No, you can't go through the MASA website, because they're not MASA games. But since I run both sites :D , you can use your existing athlete profile and password.
agm
Site Admin

Re: Bonnie Brae & Green Lane

Postby Mace on Thu May 08, 2008 12:57 pm

Adam.. You're the freakin best!. :D
These are both really fun games.. (I did both last year, and plan to do the same this year).
thanks for helping to get us organized and get the word out about the games!.
-Kate
Mace

Postby agm on Thu May 08, 2008 1:12 pm

Mace wrote:Adam.. You're the freakin best!. :D
These are both really fun games.. (I did both last year, and plan to do the same this year).
thanks for helping to get us organized and get the word out about the games!.
-Kate

Actually, thanks should go to Sean McKay, who put me in touch with Jon Bova and got this going.
agm
Site Admin

Postby CelticElf66 on Thu May 08, 2008 2:00 pm

You definitely deserve a raise!
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Postby Largemilk on Thu May 08, 2008 2:56 pm

Yup, I can totally vouch for Green Lane. I've been with the mighty Bryan McClain and a whole crew of MASA Megalethes and Bova is the greatest guy. I'm planning on putting Green Lane on my list again this year...even as the runt in the groups of giants.
" A hammer a day keeps the chiropractor in pay"
Largemilk

Postby Sean McKay on Wed May 14, 2008 12:21 pm

Thank you very much Adam! The only thing these 2 great games are missing is a full field of athletes. Hope to see some of you guys up this way!

Last bumped by agm on Wed May 14, 2008 12:21 pm.
Sean McKay

Return to General discussion