McHenry List

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

McHenry List

Postby Mike Wills on Fri May 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Here is the current list:

Anthony Fucello
ryan putzulu (Open Men)
SSG Tim Forrester (Open Men)
Mike Wills (Open Men)
Charles Fleming (Open Men)
Chris Kenyon (Open Men)
Brent Barbe (Open Men)
Clayton Gellatly (Open Men)
Stephen Malutich (Open Men)
Stan Cartright (Open Men)

Pat Parker (Masters)
Tim Ross (Masters)
Greg Henger (Masters)
Richard McClain (Masters)
Alford Duncan (Masters)
Mike Wills

Re: McHenry List

Postby Stephen Malutich on Mon May 12, 2008 11:25 am

jus checkin to see if I got on the list mike. Lookin forward to doing a games again
Stephen Malutich

Postby miked on Mon May 12, 2008 9:43 pm

Malut, I think you are ducking me, bro. ;)
miked

Postby Stephen Malutich on Wed May 14, 2008 11:21 am

:O) dont be rediculous...although I am a celebrity at McHenry for nearly taking out that Van with a Caber...Thanks to Jim's Catlike agility no Mini vans were injured during the duration of my throws
Stephen Malutich

Postby scotbybirth on Fri May 16, 2008 1:42 pm

Mike, I'm going to have to withdraw from the list, having my knee scoped in a couple of weeks (5/27).
-Chris
"All men with honor are kings, but not all kings have honor... Honor is a man's gift to himself." -Liam Neeson as Rob Roy MacGregor.

-Chris Kenyon
scotbybirth

Postby Largemilk on Mon May 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Hey all, Did anyone else try to make a reservation at the comfort Inn in Mchenry and ask for the festival rate and get told they did not have a festival rate? Just curious since the McHenry website says they are an official accommadation hotel and give discounted rates. If anyone knows of a cheaper place to stay that is not 129.00/night plus taxes, can I know of this place, pleeeeeease. The "Charles goes to games fund" is getting rather low for hotels.
" A hammer a day keeps the chiropractor in pay"
Largemilk

Postby randy on Wed May 21, 2008 11:48 am

speaking of Malutich and McHenry....i think 2005 was the year of the infamous caber-minivan incident....here are some other numbers....compare Bport & McH. the year you finished high school, right Steve?

http://www.nasgaweb.com/dbase/resultsathlete.asp?athletename=Malutich%2CStephen&athleteyear=2005&x=27&y=9

rking
STAY HUNGRY!!
randy

Postby Stephen Malutich on Wed May 21, 2008 8:28 pm

The ring has only one master..
Stephen Malutich

Re: McHenry List . Hotels

Postby The McKenzie on Sat May 24, 2008 9:51 am

I just received an answer to my inquiry to Jeff Nelson up in McHenry about hotel discounts....

"Dave: Everything will be set up same as last year. I just talked to the
Comfort Inn. If your guys will call them back they will get 10% off - that's
the best I can get this year. All of the motels around here are expensive.
Jeff"

Note: Athletes, keep in mind that the folks that took over the McHenry Festival from the County Tourist people are from the Lyons Club and are operating this venue on a shoe string mostly cause they are personal friends. They are not over staffed and organized like a lot of games, nor do they have the money. The whole load falls on three pair of shoulders as near as i can tell. We are grateful for the opportunity to have a venue like Deep Creek to throw in. See Ya'll there! Aye, dave
The McKenzie

Postby barbe705 on Mon May 26, 2008 9:12 am

What's the start time for McHenry?
Brent
barbe705

Postby Stephen Malutich on Mon May 26, 2008 12:49 pm

anyone able to break down the directions for me to get to McHenry...or if anyone is going past morgantown if i could follow them there.
Stephen Malutich

Postby FrankH on Tue May 27, 2008 9:35 am

Mike Wills-- Although I originally thought I would do both McHenry and Steppingstone on the same weekend, reality has set in and I must respectfully decline to participate at McHenry this year. Thank you, --Frank
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby Sheaf daddy on Tue May 27, 2008 2:58 pm

Steve M - google maps will get you there, Just look for McHenry, MD
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby Tearlach on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Mike,
regrettably due to 3 allergy induced asmathic attacks in the last 6 weeks resulting in 3 courses of prednisone in the last 6 weeks, I think perhaps it is best I try to recover for the Celtic Fling at the Penn/Ren. Good luck to all my friends at the Southern branch of the VMC from the Northern branch of the VMC. Maybe a large chain saw to rid this area of these cursed pollen laden trees as well. It is so bad in this area that you can use your finger to write your name in the pollen on your vehicle, ( or draw pictures if writing is not your cup of tea :D ), from the maples and pines....

See you all at the Penn/Rein,
Chuck Wagner
Live everyday like it's your last, enjoy life,love your family, leave nothing but spent energy on the game field, so that when the final summons comes, you can leave this world with no regrets.
Chuck
Tearlach

Location: Mechanicsburg, Hampden Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania

Postby Tearlach on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Mike,
regrettably due to 3 allergy induced asmathic attacks in the last 6 weeks resulting in 3 courses of prednisone in the last 6 weeks, I think perhaps it is best I try to recover for the Celtic Fling at the Penn/Ren. Good luck to all my friends at the Southern branch of the VMC from the Northern branch of the VMC. Maybe a large chain saw to rid this area of these cursed pollen laden trees as well. It is so bad in this area that you can use your finger to write your name in the pollen on your vehicle, ( or draw pictures if writing is not your cup of tea :D ), from the maples and pines....

See you all at the Penn/Rein,
Chuck Wagner
Live everyday like it's your last, enjoy life,love your family, leave nothing but spent energy on the game field, so that when the final summons comes, you can leave this world with no regrets.
Chuck
Tearlach

Location: Mechanicsburg, Hampden Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania

Postby Rich McClain on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Stan Cartright called me tonight. He has a sick kid and can't make the trip. Can you take him off the list?
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Return to General discussion