Help With Relay?

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Help With Relay?

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Thu May 22, 2008 9:38 pm

As you might imagine, I have been very active with my local "Relay For Life Team" since we moved. Losing a guy like Bob kinda has a way of motivating you to get involved. We've been working for a couple of months now on fund raising of all kinds. Our big "Gala", a 4 course prime rib dinner, is 10 days from now. Aside from the time and cash I've donated, I've also made a gold pendant with an 8.4ct Burmese Pink Star Sapphire that will be raffled at our Relay on June 7th. I'll be with a bunch of you that day in McHenry so I won't be attending the Relay but I will be working until I leave on Friday on fundraising. If you would like to help me get a little closer to my $1,000 goal I sure would be greatful. The link below will take you to my personal page. You can follow the instructions from there or let me know if you want to send it directly to me. You guys mean a lot to me. If we can do anything to make a difference for someone else going through this...I'm all in.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Relay ... fr_id=8956
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Definitely Not Nonsense

Postby FrankH on Tue May 27, 2008 1:39 pm

Just in case you missed it, please visit Steph Stewart's link under "Off-Topic and Nonsense" and donate whatever you can to a really worthwhile cause.
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Re: Help With Relay?

Postby agm on Tue May 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Frank's right, this isn't nonsense or off-topic. Moved to General discussion.
agm
Site Admin

Postby Sheaf daddy on Tue May 27, 2008 7:49 pm

I can't make McHenry but would like to participate. What can i do to help?
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Thu May 29, 2008 3:14 pm

Thank You Guys! To those of you that have already donated, I Thank You so much for your help and The American Cancer Society appreciates every donation. They really are doing great things with what we give them. For those of you that have not given yet...check out my link. It is a page on the American Cancer Society/Relay For Life web site. Donating is so simple with the link on my page and your donation goes directly to the ACS without all of the admin fees ect...This is the best thing you can do to help me (and my relay team) as well as anyone who has or has had cancer short of paying their bills for them. So...whatcha waitin for :?: Here's the link again to make it really easy.

:arrow: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Relay ... fr_id=8956
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Postby Mike Wills on Thu May 29, 2008 3:55 pm

I don't know anyone who isn't affected in some way by this. Here is the event my company has been supporting...I think they are different means to raise money for the same organization:

http://www.active.com/donate/tntmd/tntmdJRodgers
Mike Wills

Postby FrankH on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:35 pm

Bump. Please help Steph reach her goal-- thanks! :D
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

FrankH

Postby hmckenzie on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:16 am

Steph,
I think you should post this on Nasga as well (http://www.nasgaweb.com). Bob has many friends in scottish games, not all of which read this board. I am sure they would want to help you out.
HMAC
hmckenzie

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:30 am

:( I would love to post this on the NASGA boards but I have not (after many attempts) been able to get activated or reach the powers that be to get it fixed (emails kicked back for full box). So, although I can view the boards, I cannot post to any of them. I gave up trying a long time ago. If you would like to post this for me, I'd appreciate it.
Mrs. T-Bone

Postby FrankH on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:00 pm

Done.

FrankH

Postby hmckenzie on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Thank you, Frank!
HMAC
hmckenzie

Postby FrankH on Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:57 pm

Bump.

FrankH

Return to General discussion