Help With Exhibition? Anyone?

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Help With Exhibition? Anyone?

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:01 pm

This is NOT a request for a "Braveheart Salute"! The Mathews County Library has done a kids games for the last 3 years. This year it does not conflict with scheduled games. The kids will toss caber, throw sheaf (without a fork) and throw cabbage for distance (sounds like fun). Most of these kids have no idea what real games are or what they look like. Is anyone up for an exhibition? The deal is...it's a Friday (20th) from 10am - noon. I know, real short and on a work day but then we can spend the rest of the afternoon at my house for crabs and beer. If you want to stay in the guest room there is fishing and kayaking. Of course there is Yorktown, Williamsburg and Virginia Beach is an hour away. So whatcha say.... For the kids :D
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Re: Help With Exhibition? Anyone?

Postby Mooseman1031 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:06 am

Hello, are you looking for anyone to bring equipment? I need to check with work but I may be able to help out.
Mooseman1031

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:11 am

Yep, we need any/all equipment. I have a fork. That's it. I've given all of Bob's other equipment to people who could use them. This will only take a few minutes probably. It's showing the kids what "real" games are before they start their moc games. If you can that would be awesome. If not that's ok. It's kinda a stretch and the only thing to be gained is the admiration of a bunch of little kids. :)
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Postby FrankH on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:52 am

Wish I could make it, but my anniversary is on Monday (does time fly or what?) and Lee and I are taking off for a long weekend.

I know it's tough to take off from work, but if anyone is on the fence about this, please go! It's a nice way to help grow the sport, and Mrs. T-Bone will no doubt take excellent care of you.
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby Sheaf daddy on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:53 am

yeah we are leaving the next day for vacation
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:56 pm

Happy anniversary Frank & Lee!! :D So someone slipped your life on fast forward too huh? This is a wee little thing. I hate to have someone miss a day's pay for it. I just know the kids are always in awe of the "Big Guys" and what they can do. And I know we have a few show offs in MASA. Does "watch this" ring any bells. Famous last words. These two frequently precede a trip to the emergency room. Thanks to all of you for thinking about it. You guys are the BEST 8-)
Mrs. T-Bone

Postby Sheaf daddy on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:23 pm

Well when I do it is usually - Hey BJ, hold my beer, watch this. And that is how I ended up in hospital :)
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Return to General discussion