Dublin Ohio Irish Festival - New Venue

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Dublin Ohio Irish Festival - New Venue

Postby The McKenzie on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:05 pm

After long tedious negoations - I really dislike lawyers - we have secured the new MASA venue in the City of Dublin Ohio Irish Festival. Now guys (and girls) i have never been there but my sources tell me this thing is really big! I am still finalizing arraingements. Unlike some in our happy little group, I am NOT opening this up untill I am positive we are a go! That will be tomorrow or the Wednesday. I have already alerted Mike Wills but don't pester him cause he in still on hold... Date of games is August 2ND, 2008. :roll: and yes it starts late. 11:00 AM just like Penn renn... Make your plans..

This year one flight (thinking 17) to let them see who and what we are. Next year ask for two flights, if they like us, and I am sure they will cause we are sterling people and we will act that way when we get there..

The parks and recreation guy has been very enthusistiac, the city lawyer a bit of a worry wart. No hammer this year, after they saw vidoes. Wait till they see the 28 distance? I can't figgure the difference but they see it as dangerous.

One flight this year. Judges: Anderson & Johnston. Heather on scores. Will release reservations ASAP but guys I am up to my ass in work & home so give me some space. More really soon. Thanks, Poppa Dave
The McKenzie

Re: Dublin Ohio Irish Festival - New Venue

Postby agcpitt on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:01 pm

Sounds awesome Dave! Just to let you know there are two Dublin, Ohios. The one you want is near Columbus in Franklin County. Here is the website: http://www.dublinirishfestival.org . Keep us posted.

Andrew

92,000 people attended in 2006 and the stadium seats 2500 :o
agcpitt

Postby shea on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:33 am

HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU SOON
shea

Postby COLDIRON on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:45 am

Dave,
This is great news!

Geoff
COLDIRON

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:00 pm

Cool...If you need me just yell.
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Postby Rich McClain on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:09 pm

Bump
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Return to General discussion