Richmond Demonstration

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Richmond Demonstration

Postby NickDeLuca on Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Hey everyone. I am still alive! Gelato business is keeping me semi-retired, which based on my last 2 years of nearly no participation, is really saying something. Anyway, I am looking for some folks who might be willing to help with a demonstration. I have been approached by a church here in Richmond that wants to have a Kirk Festival, including some Highland games demomstrations. We'd have a field and the freedom to do about whatever we would like over the course of probably 2 separate hours. There will be booths and crafts and the like for families. I said I would try to pull together a few guys to show their stuff. I am sure the more the merrier, but would like at least 2-3. I don't think there is any compansation other than the fun of getting out and showing your craft to the bewildered masses. The event is Saturday Sept 6. I have more info as needed. I am afraid i don't get to this board much, so if you are interested, please e-mail me at delucagelato@cs.com Thanks and I hope everyone is enjoying a great season. I hope to be out there one of these days! Nick DeLuca
NickDeLuca

Re: Richmond Demonstration

Postby McNamee on Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Hey Nick, great to hear from ya! Planning to get out to your place with the family soon, hope you guys are doing well.
You've got mail.

God Bless,
Patrick
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure. than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. T.R.
McNamee

Return to General discussion