dublin games - READ THIS! (Tuesday update)

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

dublin games - READ THIS! (Tuesday update)

Postby barbe705 on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:19 pm

I see that the dublin game isn't on the schedule. Is the registration going to be added/run like the other games?

Brent
barbe705

Re: dublin games

Postby agm on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:30 pm

Yeah, sorry about that, I should have updated the schedule. Normally, registration would open at noon this Thursday, but with the holiday Friday, that might change. Stay tuned...
agm
Site Admin

Postby agm on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Because of the holiday, and the possibility that people will be away from home/work/their computer on Thursday as well as Friday, registration will open on Thursday, July 10 at approximately noon.
agm
Site Admin

Postby Gunny on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:26 pm

Anyone carpooling to this one? I'm interested if so!
Semper Fidelis

James (Gunny) Justice
Gunny

Postby John Shingler on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:01 am

Sorry if this information is out there but I didn't see it: Is there a masters and an am class or just am? I understand the single flight but didn't know if you were letting old farts throw as a separate group. That 56 and my shoulder don't like each other very much.
John Shingler

Postby agm on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:20 am

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

These games are not confirmed yet! There's no guarantee it will actually happen, but McKenzie is working hard on it. I'll open the database for registration next week on the assumption that the games will go on, but stay away from non-refundable tickets or reservations!
agm
Site Admin

DUBLIN OHIO games

Postby The McKenzie on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:44 am

ALL:

I have finished negotiations. I sent them my financial needs and requests for awards and such. I am waiting for them to say "come on down!" want everything in cement before telling you guys to lay in final plans. I will try to call them direct today or tomorrow.. Things were slowed a bit on my end by massave changes at work and personal medical issues. I am really sorry for the delay but that's life.

not on this subject... i was contacted via PHONE (hint: 703-243-6068) last night about several other venues that we may be able to start or take over next year. Just a heads up - this all will be next year and will require two seperate judging and equiptment teams several times a year.. Rob, Steph, Peter, Jim, heather, alex, and I will all have to work this out soon so I can accept future offers. taking care of you people is becoming a full time job for me. It already is for Alex! See ya all soon.

Aye, Dave :roll:
The McKenzie

Re: dublin games - READ THIS! (Tuesday update)

Postby walock on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:13 am

I would love to be included in the am class throwers. I live in Pickerington (30 minutes south of Dublin) and could help if you need it. Please keep me in mind if you have an open spot. I threw there last year and there were only 2 of us and it was a "Hibernean Games" so the events were different. As John pointed out it is a very large festival. It even includes a large children's area with activities if people need something to distract little ones.
walock

Re: dublin games - READ THIS! (Tuesday update)

Postby barbe705 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:32 am

whoa, I thought it had been confirmed. Sorry to start all this chatter with things still up in the air. I hope it pulls together.

brent
barbe705

Return to General discussion