14th Annual McLain Celtic Festival and Highland games 30 Aug

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

14th Annual McLain Celtic Festival and Highland games 30 Aug

Postby Tearlach on Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:00 pm

14th Annual McLain Celtic Festival and Highland games
Saturday, August 30, 2008 8:00 am
TWO MILE HOUSE
1189 WALNUT BOTTOM ROAD
CARLISLE, PENNSYLVANIA 17013

Open Class up to 10 + 2 waitlisted

18 to 50 years

1. Mike Wills
2. Ben Fetrow
3. Dan Jackson
4. Chris Cunningham
5. James Justice
6. Tim " Rock the House " Ross
7. Aaron Miller
8. Ben Thuma
9. Jim Dopkins
10. Bryan Stymacks

****** indicates registration form sent but form and fee not returned. Unless both are recieved by 14 August 2008 that name will be removed from the list.

Masters class 51 + years up to 5 and 2 waitlisted

1. Gene McCaleb
2. Norm Spayed
3. Chuck Wagner
4. Mark Kreafle
Registration forms are available by emailing me with your mailing address, or by writing to the Cumberland County Historical society % Joan McBride at the above address at the top of this post. Entries close 14 August 2008. All entry forms must be postmarked by that date. Any questions feel free to email me. I have it on good authority that no hurricanes will be hitting Carlisle that day.
Chuck Wagner, A.D.
Last edited by Tearlach on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:13 am, edited 12 times in total.
Live everyday like it's your last, enjoy life,love your family, leave nothing but spent energy on the game field, so that when the final summons comes, you can leave this world with no regrets.
Chuck
Tearlach

Location: Mechanicsburg, Hampden Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania

Re: 14th Annual McLain Celtic Festival and Highland games 30 Aug

Postby Aaron on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:21 pm

I would like to get my name on this list...what is your email address? thanks
Aaron

Postby Aaron on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:30 pm

Never mind...I would love to do the games i just checked the new on-call list for my job and I am working that weekend..thanks anyway
Aaron

Postby Stephen Malutich on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:42 am

SIGN ME UP plez chuck
Stephen Malutich

Postby Tim on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:25 am

Chuck,

I'm in for Carlisle. Been too lazy to get the form off my refrigerator and send it out.
"I love to sing, and I love to drink Scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink Scotch."- George Burns.

Rock the House
Tim

Postby Clancelt on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:42 am

No storms? Now that just wouldn't seem normal ;)

Wish I could come up Chuck but I am taking some time off this year. I will only be doing a couple games. I want to spend more time this summer doing things with my little girl.

Had to prioritize.

-Eric
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Postby Aaron on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:23 am

Good news...got some one to take my on-call....I would like my name on the list if possible...could you send me the email or is there a link to the website to download the form?
Aaron

Postby Clan McAllister on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Chuck,

If it is still possible I'd love to be included! Same as last year, Am B's.

Thanks,
Christian
Clan McAllister

Postby Tearlach on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:27 pm

OK here is my email CDWagnerNotaryPublic@MSN.Com . I'll be happy to send you a form as soon as I get a name and address. No there is no download link for CCHS. All registrations must be returned with fee before the deadline. Erik I totally understand the family thing as I am not going to the MWC this year as my wife's aunt just died and the service is Saturday. I guess I would rather be this year than next as I want to be at Inverness for next years 2 day games. Tim you are added just please return completed form and fee to Joan McBride at CCHS. Hope everyone else is well and I will get everyone added ASAP. Chris please email me your address.

Chuck
Live everyday like it's your last, enjoy life,love your family, leave nothing but spent energy on the game field, so that when the final summons comes, you can leave this world with no regrets.
Chuck
Tearlach

Postby Sheaf daddy on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:00 pm

I know team VMC is gonna represent at P-ton Hope the comp goes well

Bryan
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby Sam on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:50 pm

51+ !!!!

Every year the age limit goes up. :D :o :D
Sam

Postby Tearlach on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:41 pm

Ok all, here is an update as to where we are. Aaron, & Chris your forms went out yesterday. Tim you all ready have one. Please complete and return form with registration fee. Stephen M & Mark K I need address to get your form in the mail. Once I have address I will add you both to the list and you both will have until 14 August to return your form and fee also. That is a firm date as we will be sending out 2 admission passes and need the mailing time. You may email the needed information to me at CDWagnerNotaryPublic@MSN.Com or PM me through this board. Thank you to all who have helped by supporting this game in the past. Also if anyone has any questions feel free to email or contact me though here.

Chuck Wagner, AD
Chuck
Tearlach

Postby Aaron on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Glad to get a spot, thanks...I just got the form last night and sent it out this morning...sweet.
Aaron

Postby Tim on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:39 pm

Hey Chuck,

Will get the form out today or tomorrow.

Thanks
"I love to sing, and I love to drink Scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink Scotch."- George Burns.

Rock the House
Tim

Postby Tearlach on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:24 pm

McLain Update :

I have updated the board with all the names that had supplied address for forms to be mailed to. All forms have been mailed. I will update recieved forms tomorrow and remember the 14th of August is the retun deadline. Sorry about the spotty response but my wife has lost 2 Aunts in four and a half weeks. Looking forward to being able to get back to throwing. Any questions please email, or pm me.

Chuck Wagner AD
Chuck
Tearlach

Postby Tearlach on Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:09 pm

OK fellow throwers here where we are. The listing at the top of the page is current as of today, 28th July 2008. I will up date a couple more times between now and the 15th of August but basicaly it appears that we are full. There will be a couple of wait list spots open but, every one who is on the board today will get to throw as long as forms and money are recieved by 14th August. After that anyone on the waitlist that has their form and money in will be moved into the thrower class. Questions please feel free to post, pm or email me. Remember there will be NO field entries accepted.

Thanks,
Chuck Wagner
Chuck
Tearlach

Postby Clan McAllister on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:59 pm

Chuck,
Just a heads-up, I sent my registration out on Wed. Thanks again.
Christian
Clan McAllister

Postby Tearlach on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:36 pm

OK all. We are up to date to this point. Just a reminder you must be on the field by 8am. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Any questions please email or pm me.

Chuck Wagner AD
Chuck
Tearlach

Postby Mark Kreafle on Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:56 pm

How much is the entry fee?
Mark Kreafle

Postby Tearlach on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:53 pm

All right fellow throwers. The field is full and closed. IF you will not be attending please let me know ASAP as I have one thrower who would like to compete, however since everyone listed today on the first page will throw, I truely have no more openings. Gunny if I get a drop I will let you know and we will work something out. Otherwise I look forward to seeing everyone at the 14th annual McLain games Aug 30th by 8 am, Rain or Shine :D . ( Did anyone else hear about something named Fay and a second land fall Labor Day weekend in the Northeast ??? ) :o :o Any questions just let me know.

Chuck Wagner AD
Chuck
Tearlach

Postby Tearlach on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:34 am

Just a reminder that everyone listed on the first post will throw. If you must drop please let me know ASAP as a couple other throwers have expressed a desire to throw and perhaps I can then work something out for them and get you a refund as this is a fund raising event for a non profit group, The Cumberland County Historical Society that is the care takers of the house and the grounds and runs the festival. You can PM, reply on the board, or email me at CDWagnerNotaryPublic@MSN.Com.
Thanks,
Chuck Wagner AD
Chuck
Tearlach

Postby Sam on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:57 am

Chuck,
Sorry for the late notice but I just found out that I will not be able to make it to the McLain Celtic Festival this year.
Please take my name off the list. Good luck to every body.
Sam

Postby Tearlach on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:01 pm

Sam,
We will miss you. Hope everything is all right. I just heard today that an un-registered, un- welcomed event, by the name of FAY :shock: will be here Thursday late through early Sunday. Well everyone better brush up on Breamar stone :lol: . If we get weather like a couple of years ago we will do 2 stones, 2 weights for distance, and weight over bar to give us 5 events and make it official. Nothing like throwing in a down pour in Carlisle Labor day weekend at the McLain. Remember all vehicles must be off the fields by 8 am. We will be starting set up around 7 am so please plan accordingly. If FAY leaves early or doesn't come bring plenty of sun screen, otherwise rain gear and popups are a good bet. See everyone Saturday.

Chuck Wagner AD
Tearlach

Postby Gunny on Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Chuck,
Is there a sheaf toss on the dry schedule or is it off the table completely?
Just want to know if I need to pack the fork at all.

BTW, what is the planned dry scheduled events. Couldn't find it on the web site.

Thanks
Gunny
Semper Fidelis

James (Gunny) Justice
Gunny

Postby Tearlach on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Gunny,
On a Non Hurricaine McLain game we go open stone, light weight for distance, heavy weight for distance, hammer, weight over bar, caber, and sheaf. Seven events in that order with a lunch break usually around hammer. So if it is dry bring the fork. :D

Chuck Wagner
Chuck
Tearlach

Postby Clan McAllister on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:00 pm

Chuck,
I am unable to make the event due to an oversight in my schedule. I am sorry for the late notice. Please take my name off the list. I hope you have dry skies.
Thank you,
Christian
Clan McAllister

Postby Tearlach on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:08 am

Christian,

Sorry you will not be with us. Thank You for the dry sky's wish however the rain has started and Thunderstorms are called for on Saturday. If nothing else the McLain festival tries its best to make you feel like you are in Scotland.... :D

Chuck Wagner AD
Chuck
Tearlach

Postby Tim on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:19 pm

Chuck,

What's the earliest you can decide if it is going to be only 5 events? I need to decide if the family should come along. I don't want to bring them if its going to be a short, miserable day (weather-wise that is, I'm already sure my throwing will be miserable).

Rock the House
Tim

Postby Mike Wills on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:08 pm

We are down to a 25 - 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Let's hope it keeps blowing by today and tomorrow.
Mike Wills

Postby Dan Jackson on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:54 pm

Hey Tim, no sheaf means that you keep the Gnome :twisted: ... unless he misses Adam too much.
"Son, you haven't lived until you've had crabs." ~ Advice from my friend's Dad upon hearing that we were both going to collage.
Dan Jackson

Next

Return to General discussion