Getting started in ohio.

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Getting started in ohio.

Postby aro_215 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:51 pm

I was just at the Dublin Irish Fest in Dublin Ohio. I watched the games before, and saw them again during my weekend. I was wondering how I can get started in doing this. My background is in power lifting and i am a two time state record holder in it. I am looking for something a little more fun and a little more of my heritage. I just want someone to talk to in my area to teach me some basics.
I am from Northeast Ohio about 30mins south of Canton (the Hall Of Fame City for football)
If you are willing to help me please contact me asap.
Thank you
AARON.
aro_215

Re: Getting started in ohio.

Postby Rich McClain on Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:25 pm

Aaron, send me a PM with your location. I am in Western PA and I know some guys from your area.
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby Clan McAllister on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:02 am

Aaron
I am from the Columbus area and want to get together with people to practice. I realize this is a bit out of the way for you. I know there are a number of people in the Akron area that would love the opportunity to throw. You can talk to many of them on the http://www.glsaa.com/forum.
Clan McAllister

Postby S McCracken on Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:40 pm

I live in the N Canton area and I am allways willing to help out if I can. Try and plan on making it to the Blue Berry Fest next week near Mansfeild Great opertunity to meet and great and we are planning on having a Pro clinic on Sunday no better place to learn.
North American Highlander Ohio Chair
http://www.nahighlander.com
S McCracken

Return to General discussion