Weight City Thanks

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Weight City Thanks

Postby FrankH on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:44 am

Thanks to the Collins family for sharing their home, pool, lots of grassy space and tons of hospitality, and to Dave, the judges and shaggers. Great throwing with everyone, and I hope this has become an annual event. Awesome lunch, and plenty of beer! ;) I'm not sure of the results other than the team of Collins and the Gunny won, and John won the overall. Throw of the day had to be Jeff Storey's 81' heavy hammer, an amazing 9 foot PR! :shock: Thanks again to all for a great day. 8-)

P.S. Thanks to Mike Wills for getting the results up so fast! :D
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Re: Weight City Thanks

Postby bjketchem on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Big thansk to the Collins family for their hospitality and to Dave, Peter and all of those wo helped with the scoring, marking and shagging!

Great job to everyone, there were some awesome throws and BIG PR's, it was an honor as always to share the field with everyone.. Jeff, great job brother on all your throws.
I will be the new, improved and almost as good-looking Mike Wills.
bjketchem

Postby Gunny on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks John for carrying me through for a victory. "QUITE RIOT"
Thanks to the entire Collins family and to everyone who helped with this event.
I had a great time, except with that 56#.
Semper Fidelis

James (Gunny) Justice
Gunny

Postby hmckenzie on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Definitely a huge thanks to the Collins' for their great hospitality and lending us their backyard for an afternoon! Also special thanks to John for organizing this venue!

Mike thanks for getting the scores posted so fast!
HMAC
hmckenzie

Postby Malcolm Doying on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:56 am

That was so much more than just a Back Yard GamesI Thanks to the whole Collin's Clan and all the other volunteers for putting it on for us.
Pat & Malcolm :D
Malcolm Doying

Postby jcollins on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:39 pm

To All That Blessed Weight City w/ Their Presence:

My folks and I definitely appreciated having everyone come out and enjoy the festivities. It was a good comp all around and everyone had some bright points including some bomb light weights won by Mr. Mike Dickens at 71'7". Gunny and I won the day and I put that victory on my luck of the draw from Bj's fancy hat. It was good throwing with Gunny, Brian and meeting his family.

Hopefully we can continue to have this games as long as Big Dave is good with helping out and hopefully we can have an even bigger turnout next year. Maybe even a turnout that stays long enough to help kick the kegs :)

Thanks,
John & the Collins Family
My friend's flesh and blood
Night size - perfect ten
So rude - she´s no good
But she says...
She can taste the wind
Play to win
She PLAAAYS to win
jcollins

Postby Jeff Storey on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:20 am

Thanks everybody for making Weight City one of the best Games goin! Thanks to the Collinses for having us, Dave and Pete and crew for running everything, and my fellow competitors for making it interesting!

Thanks to Frank and BJ too. :oops: I reeeeeaally wanted those hammer PRs, as could be told by me being on my butt all afternoon. :roll:
I used to think this kitchen was big, until I saw you guys in here...
-AGM's mom
Jeff Storey

Return to General discussion