Chesapeake Celtic festival

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Chesapeake Celtic festival

Postby Aaron on Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:05 pm

Does anyone know when we can or how we can register for these games?
Aaron

Re: Chesapeake Celtic festival

Postby agm on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:56 pm

It's a demo only, not full games. The people involved are on this board, so if there's room for more participants I'm sure they'll let you know.
agm
Site Admin

Postby chirolifter on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:06 pm

Alex, where can i get info. on this? I'm only an hour from there!
Strive for Perfection, Settle for Excellence !!!
chirolifter

Postby Clancelt on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:23 am

This is just a demo, we have been doing it for a few years now and it's always a good time. Adam Brahosky is the one to talk to, he runs the show for this. We don't do hammer, the field is too small, but we do everything else including sheaf. Every hour or so we run through the events in no specific order. Usually saving the caber show for the end of the day.

The only awards are the respect and awe of many children and adults who ooooo and ahhhhhh....

(Rumor has it that they all come to see Tim Ross)

-Eric
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Postby Tim on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:19 am

Don't they always? 8-)

Aaron, are you talking about the festival at Furnacetown in Snow Hill MD? There used to be games in Norfolk/Chesapeake City called the Chesapeake Celtic Festival (and/or Tidewater games) which you may be thinking of Gene, if you are only an hour away from them. I didn't think that you lived on the Shore.

As far as the one in Furnace town goes, yes Eric is correct, not about everyone coming to see me, but that it is a demo- and a really great time. I still need to touch base with Adam B to find out more info for this year.
"I love to sing, and I love to drink Scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink Scotch."- George Burns.

Rock the House
Tim

Postby chirolifter on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:41 pm

Oh... I thought Chesapeake, Va. :cry: Perhaps some day?~!?
Strive for Perfection, Settle for Excellence !!!
chirolifter

Postby Adam B on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:27 pm

Aaron and Gene, I sent you a PM regarding this event, but you can reach me at highlandcaber@comcast.net if you still have questions or need info.

Tim, you hopefully didn't lose my contact stuff again, maybe the gnome stole it.

If anyone else is remotely interested in this demo, shoot me a line either as a PM or at the above address.

~Adam B
Adam B

Postby shpd1080 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:23 am

Well I dont think they are all there to see Tim toss, but then again I have been wrong before. Adam, you can count me in again this year, I believe the Chief has given me the time off. Eric, hope to see you here again this year, I'm looking forward to a toss off again with the 42' :twisted: . Maybe this year we will have a larger ladder. Tim the demo, is set for Oct 2 and 3, I believe. Adam has the info for sure.
I will never unnecessarily jeopardize myself, my boat, or my crew; but will do so freely to rescue those in peril.
shpd1080

Postby Clancelt on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:13 am

:lol: -snicker- He said toss off -snicker- -snicker- :lol:

I'm sure we'll have a 56 handy too ;)
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Return to General discussion