New Member Looking to Train for Highland Games

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

New Member Looking to Train for Highland Games

Postby IH90 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:10 pm

Hello all,

My name is Idris and I have been doing strongman for about a year now. I have always considered trying out Highland Games, and after going to the VA Scottish Games I decided to finally try it out. Anyone who trains for Highland Games in Northern VA please hit me up.
IH90

Re: New Member Looking to Train for Highland Games

Postby agm on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:18 pm

Come out to the games Sunday - in addition to seeing the best amateurs around (including the last two national champions), our training coordinator will be competing in the masters class.
agm
Site Admin

Postby IH90 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, but I actually went to the games on Saturday. That was the only time I could make it. One of the Highland Game competitors told me about a group that trains in Vienna. Can someone give me their contact info and what times they train? Also, anyone else who trains in Northern VA, please hit me up.
IH90

Postby agm on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:49 pm

Bryan McClain is our training coordinator, and also heads up the Vienna group. He's throwing tomorrow, so give him a day or two, but he'll probably get in touch with you soon.
agm
Site Admin

Return to General discussion