Cabin Fever

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Cabin Fever

Postby miked on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:49 pm

Okay. I am definitely in the midst of the offseason cabin fever psychotic syndrome . . . . . :shock:

I need to throw something. How long until Southern Maryland??

Somebody needs to organize something for the end of March/first of April. The end of April is too long to wait to get the season started.

I tossed the sheaf around the backyard some today. That just made things worse.

I guess I will have to be content with the training. It has been fun and I think will definitely pay off. I am going to start mixing in some throwing. Maybe on Saturdays. I will probably start working on my weakest events: sheaf and wob.

Well, just wanted to share this with my MASA family.
miked

Re: Cabin Fever

Postby Jeff Storey on Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:17 pm

I'm tryyyyying!
I'm working on getting an honest-ta-goodness Games goin at my school, but as it stands right now, they won't allow any damage to the grass.
Now, if you guy are willing to throw the chain ball weights (and they agree to that) then we may be in business.

Can somebody get a hold of Mooseman for me, and ask him if the chain weights tear up grass at all?

anyway, projected date, early april. waddayathink about that?
I used to think this kitchen was big, until I saw you guys in here...
-AGM's mom
Jeff Storey

Postby Sheaf daddy on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:49 am

hmmmm let's see - the end of March is the VIERRA CLINIC!!!!! two days of drinking from the firehose of knowledge. Is that enough for you or do you want to hold a two day competition on top of that????? :shock: :roll: :o
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby S McCracken on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:56 pm

Cant wait for the first game. The Tundra is coming up in Feb. Its not for the fair weather thrower. Rain or Snow were throwing.
North East Ohio. Im sure there is room for anyone that would like to come. Check the GLSAA Board for details. http://www.glsaa.com
North American Highlander Ohio Chair
http://www.nahighlander.com
S McCracken

Postby jcollins on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:54 pm

Hey Mike,

When are you going down to the San Antonio games? I have a buddy in Austin who I could stay with and so I thought i might want to do those with you this year.

PS - I don't know what to make of this new board structure. I feel like it would take me a million years to read and catch up on posts here.

JC
My friend's flesh and blood
Night size - perfect ten
So rude - she´s no good
But she says...
She can taste the wind
Play to win
She PLAAAYS to win
jcollins

Postby miked on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:07 pm

Hey John,

good to hear from you broseph. As for San Antonio, I am not going down for the compbecause it is the same weekend of the Vierra/Brown clinic. I dropped the 150 bones for the clinic last year, and it should be well worth it. Are you going to attend? You may need to. ;)

I am planning on heading down south for the Texas Scottish Festival the first weekend of June. It is the largest event in TX all year. Baab and all the good throwers in TX should be there.
miked

Return to General discussion