Several important Bridgeport updates

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Several important Bridgeport updates

Postby Mike Wills on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:44 pm

I talked with Kevin Anderson this morning, and he wanted me to give everyone several pieces of information to work with:

1) We will be having three flights: A, B, and Masters. So, there is no waitlist, and we can accept several more for each flight.

2) Everyone will need a wristband from Kevin in order to get through the gate Saturday morning. Kevin will be at Southern Maryland with the wristbands and wants everyone who will be at So. Md. and is competing at Bridgeport the following weekend to get a wristband from him during the day at So. Md.

3) Kevin and Deb will also be hosting their traditional cookout starting at about 5pm on Friday, May 1 at Bridgeport City Park (site of the festival and competition the next day). Kevin will also have the wristbands at the Friday cookout. If you won't be at So. Md. and can't make Friday's cookout, ask another competitor to get your wristband from Kevin...you will need it on Saturday morning or you will have to pay the entrance fee...and Kevin will be too busy to run to the gate and help everyone get in.

4) There are a number of hotels within a 10 minute drive to the field, but two hotels are offering a discount rate by using the code SCOTTISH FESTIVAL when making your reservation. The hotels are:

Holiday Inn: 877-863-4780
Microtel: 304-808-2000

I'll update with any further information that I receive.

Also, as an FYI...if you wonder which games and organizers work hardest for the athletes...it's hard to beat the Bridgeport games and the Anderson's!!!
Mike Wills

Return to General discussion