games Reservations

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

games Reservations

Postby The McKenzie on Tue May 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Gentlemen & Ladies - more particularly Gents:

PLEASE - if you cannot attend a game that you registered for - let somebody know that you are not coming.
Reason #1 - it is good sportmanship to help another athlete get a slot that may be wait listed. It is only fair! I could have filled all the missing slots at KY if I had known. Did fill one.

Reason #2 - I actually give a damn about some of you people and when you don't show and nobody knows why there is a possibility that something happened to you enroute and I am concerned. You are lucky that I don't make you call me when you get home like staff has to do every weekend! Yep! I make them call me to say they home are OK just like little kids! Last weekend Kevin & Steph had to check in and then Kevin had Deb call me to make sure that Heather & I were OK. It is callled friends looking out for friends!

Kentucky, we had a small bunch of folks that didn't show. It was nice for staff, cause we got off the field early and went to parties, but I still worried about the missing! I don't want excuses now, just call somebody in the future and let them know so we know. Simple. I can be reached at 202-345-0843 or 703-243-6068. I am sure a lot of you have Mike's, Heather's, and Adam's phone numbers too. Messages work too! The ever vidulant Alex is always available too unless she is on ice, under the influence of the Penguins!

KY was a really nice day. I love the hell outta that place and those people. Season is off and running and this year we will have weekends where we have two games on the same weekend. Next year, if I have my way, it will be busier....

Throw long and travel safe! Poppa Dave
The McKenzie

Return to General discussion