Green Hill HG 9/26-27, 09 Roanoke, VA

All issues related to the Highland Games, throwing, Scottish events/culture/history, etc., and just generally hanging out with friends

Green Hill HG 9/26-27, 09 Roanoke, VA

Postby BillyS on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Good evening gentlemen, I have more info and here it is. First, Please let me know if your plans change and you are not able to make it, someone else may be waiting on your spot.
If you are staying in town before the games, I need to know who is planning on partaking of the cabins. There are 40 beds total for each night. First come, First served. If you would like a bed for both nights, that is fine. I can also attempt to bunk athletes together. There are 6 beds to a cabin. This place is a summer camp, so you get the picture. They are $10 a night. Send me your info and I will forward it along to the people at the county who are responsible for the camp.

For those not wanting to rough it slightly we also have discounted hotel rooms again, they are at the Howard Johnson's, they offer a full breakfast, upon request!!! The room rate is $54.95 per night. It is only minutes from the field, and numerous restaurants and a Wal-mart. The number is 540-389-7061. Make sure you request the rate for the Medieval Faire and you can also give them Wendi Schultz's name to get the discount. The address is 1671 Skyview Rd Salem, VA 24153.

We will be setting up the field on Friday, so if you are in town and want to come by, call me to make sure we are there and not running errands.
540-309-6254.

If you are interested in competing in the Highlander Challenge on Sunday, please email me soon, we are only going to take 20 athletes.
Right now I only have 3 confirmed. The Highlander Challenge is a cross between a strongman and a little bit of highland games.
$5 entry fee which will be combined and be the cash prize for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
The events will be a heavy caber, dinnie stone hold (only the 400lb), a headstone carry 222lbs, an unspunnen toss (130lb+ stone that you must lift and throw 2 handed for the longest distance) and a 29.8lb stone hold, cradled in both hands parallel to the ground for max time. So if that sounds like fun to you, just shoot me an email. Sorry Master's, we will be competing at the same time as you.
Kilt required for competing in the highlander challenge as well.

If you have any questions just drop me an email, it's the best way to get in touch with me.

Thanks
Billy Shrader
BillyS

Return to General discussion