The shot (stone) push or pull...?

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Re: The shot (stone) push or pull...?

Postby chirolifter on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Ive got a ways to go yet with the flexibility, been workin on it... Yea, pulled muscle on the release... If I release properly i shouldnt even feel it on the left... Im getting so much longer on winds.... Thats what ive been focusing on.. Now gotta focus on my release... When i get back to throwing this will force me to release properly... I hope???
Strive for Perfection, Settle for Excellence !!!
chirolifter

Postby forrester on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:22 am

ok, thats it! i now have a migraine! this doggie is obviously, painfully, and hopelessly lost in the sauce. Can I just got with the concept "throw harder, it'll go further", because for me, obviously, smarter is now out of the equation and has left the building........ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another scotch.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
forrester

Postby krazy40 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:36 pm

Ultimately, use your body to generate speed and force to pull the stone into the power position and then snap a really fast push at the end.

That "snap a really fast push" is the majority of your distance. Yon can pull that stone as hard and as fast as you want across the ring, if you don't put the push on the end, you won't need anything but a yard stick to measure your throw.
Jeremy Gillingham

Go Big or Go Home
Why run and puke when you can eat and throw?
krazy40

Previous

Return to Training