VMC this weekend?

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

VMC this weekend?

Postby Jeff Storey on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:28 pm

or are we the Valentine's Men Convalescence crew this weekend?

I would prefer Saturday morning.... ;)
I used to think this kitchen was big, until I saw you guys in here...
-AGM's mom
Jeff Storey

Re: VMC this weekend?

Postby Sheaf daddy on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:34 pm

This weekend is going to have to be a no go. I have the boy in Kung Fu Saturday and work on Sunday.
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby miked on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:26 pm

I am definitely going to throw this weekend. I have AZ next week, so I need to get some reps in to avoid going out there and busting my a$$.

I have a pretty good field a few blocks from the casa. So, we could get together there and get some work in. I will be throwing on Saturday or Sunday or Monday, or all three days. :mrgreen:

Any and all of the VMC is welcome. It would actually be pretty sweet cuz then I could do caber and hammer much, much more easily. Sophie can't quite shag the 22# hammer, yet.

Let me know.

703-609-5616
miked

Postby miked on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:07 pm

So, Jeff Storey, his brother, and a dude with REALLY big forearms are coming over Sunday at 1100 to throw. Anyone and everyone is welcome.

15913 Moncure Dr.
Montclair, VA 22025

If that does not work, try Dumfries instead of Montclair.

703-609-5616

miked
miked

Postby RSimmonds on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:28 pm

Mike,
Sorry I couldn't make it to practice. I'm nursing a back injury and want to give it a little more time. I tried Frank's advice and rubbed some dirt on it. It seemed to help some. Montcliar is only a stones throw from Stafford. Next time you're chucking things around give me a call. It's no fun practicing alone.... throw, fetch, throw, fetch... Even if you just want to get together and lift. If I had someone spotting me last week I would not have gotten hurt.
Throw well in Arizona.

Rick
540-424-0428
RSimmonds

Postby miked on Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:34 pm

Sounds good, brother. I will probably be practicing on the field near my house at least once a week to help manage the commute to work. I have to drive in alone when I run over to Vienna to practice. So, once the season gets going I will probably be practicing on Tuesdays.
Lifting on Mondays and Wednesdays during the season. So, you are definitely welcome to come to the basement of pain, if the boss approves. ;)

Thanks, I will try to do the VMC proud out in the desert. I had a pretty good practice with Jeff and his brother today.

Hey Bryan, you still coming down tomorrow?? We didn't work on the WOB, and I would like to work some more stone. Let me know. What did we say? around 1100? Anyone interested is welcome to join us, of course.
miked

Return to Training