flu took it outta me!

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

flu took it outta me!

Postby randy on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:16 pm

ugh. still tryin to get strength back. flu week n a half ago. did weight for height friday, and it was weight for crap. warmed up with some high pulls (bar and db)...those felt ok...went outside with the 56 and it felt heavy...that's not a good sign...had no speed on the sit-n-pop...had no pop. might have cleared 9'...might have bumped a 10' bar...discouraging for a first practice.

did squats today...started with about 50% of max (165) x 12...difficult...only went up to 265...heavy!

quite discouraging...squats used to be my fave.

they will be again! wfh will fly again!

definitely feelin my 30's...will never admit i'm gettin old no matter my age...but i definitely don't recover like i used to! woof. you guys in your 20's...take advantage of your youth!!!!

back at it tomorrow!

rking
STAY HUNGRY!!
randy

Re: flu took it outta me!

Postby Mike Wills on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:34 pm

I thought this was going to be a no-flu season and now I'm seeing that it just waited and mutated...and now is one of the worst flu seasons ever. I guess you pretty much have to build crap like this into your training psyche and just do what you can because you're never going to get an entire off-season uninterrupted by injury or illness. Crap.
Mike Wills

Postby miked on Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:24 pm

Yep. It stinks to get knocked down by something you can't even see. Holly and I had flu shots and still had a little row with it. Holly was sick for a couple of days and I sounded like Louie Armstrong for a week, but only felt bad for a day.

On the getting old thing. Man, I hate it. That is why all my supplementation focuses on recovery. Glutamine, Leucine, ZMA, etc. Anything that will help the old dog recover. Intensity is not really a problem. I generally don't have bad workouts once I get them started. But, I am very paranoid about over working and breaking down the muscle rather than building it.

Maybe I should start wringing the sweat out of Frank Henry's workout shirts and mixing it with some metamucil for a good anti-aging elixir. I should probably score some of Mike Baab and Myles Wetzel's, too. Yummy. :shock:
miked

Postby Stephen Malutich on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:49 pm

Randy....Dont ever let me read a post like this again....ever....just took 2 minutes of my life that I will never get back reading a crock of total weak BS
Train harder than everyone else or join the crowd

"I pardon you my son"
Stephen Malutich

Postby FrankH on Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:29 pm

I don't know what Myles and Baab are charging, but I'm willing to deal. Check out my online store at http://www.geezersweat.org. :D Or is it .com? I forget...
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Return to Training