Stone Squats?

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Stone Squats?

Postby Mike Wills on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Does anyone have a good description or video of stone squats? From what I remember, it is like a lunge - with one leg forward and one leg back - except you do multiple reps on the same leg. Is this right???
Mike Wills

Re: Stone Squats?

Postby scotbybirth on Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:26 pm

"All men with honor are kings, but not all kings have honor... Honor is a man's gift to himself." -Liam Neeson as Rob Roy MacGregor.

-Chris Kenyon
scotbybirth

Postby randy on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:45 pm

...and i'm pretty sure RV said this is to strengthen BACK leg...since the torso is wound up for the lift.

i was surprised when he said this...i had thought these are made for the blocking leg.

i s'pose a modified version could do the blocking leg...like a regular squat with bodyweight shifted to leg...or something.

r
STAY HUNGRY!!
randy

Postby Sheaf daddy on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:34 am

It is definately for strengthing your push off leg. I don't know if your leg farthest from the trig is your back leg or the leg behind you is your back leg BUT this is for the right leg if your are a right hander and left leg if you are a lefty.

put about 70-80% of your body weight on your right leg (I am a righty) and the left leg is mostly there for balance. I have seen a variation of this where you basically but just the bar or may 65 lbs and squat then jump, land and jump again emphasizing the double pump of the glide.

First squat is deep and almost totally on the right leg then you pop and quickly explode again. Emphasizing the speed and explosiveness while under some weight
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Return to Training