VMC this weekend

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

VMC this weekend

Postby Sheaf daddy on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Saturday 10 am drills drills drills two hours, Stone, weights, hammer winds, center pivots, etc.
Sunday throwing starting at 10 AM - it will be below the McClain line but I will gut it out

Who is in?
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Re: VMC this weekend

Postby BrianB on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:26 pm

So annoyed I can't make it. Next week it is on for sure. . .
BrianB

Postby FrankH on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Volunteering at Lee's school at the fun fair tomorrow from 10-2. Hoping to make it out Sunday.
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby robert monroe on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Mr.Henry,
thanks for the reply.i have a few clients i train sat/sun a.m.. i/we wouldnt be able to be at your or Mr.Mclains house/field until at least 11am.thanks so much for the information.maybe you guys could make it out to our place.we have a field thats pretty big,could have multiple implements at the same time.(at least with the crappy throws we have).maybe we could get together on a few weekends.i have both hammers,28,a pretty well put together 56,stones up to 23.6,a freshly cut 18'',a pull sled,ropes,a new prowler,kegs(beer already consumed)and a log press.wish my shoulder would heal up so i could be beast.hopefully we can get together somewhwere soon.i eagerly look forward to meeting you and you cabers and fireworks games.
rob
trry harder and you will suck less
robert monroe

Postby miked on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Not going to make it this weekend. I am still in the off season mode. Probably won't start focusing on throwing for another month or so. But, will start making the trip on Saturday's, then.

btw, made a new wfh rig. lighter and more portable, but basically the same design.
miked

Postby Largemilk on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:44 pm

Sorry I missed the post but I couldn't get out there today anyway. I find a place to toss a few sheaf though this afternoon. It was enough.
" A hammer a day keeps the chiropractor in pay"
Largemilk

Postby FrankH on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Am I allowed to play with the new sheaf rig? ;o)
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

FrankH

Postby miked on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Frank, you mean WOB rig? yes. BUT, I repeat, BUT, you can only stand with it on your left side. ;)
miked

Postby Sheaf daddy on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:14 am

delaying Sunday practice until noon and will need to focus only on Drills. Ground is way too soggy for much else. Stone, Weights, etc.
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby FrankH on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:43 am

Doh-- yes, wob rig. Maybe we could turn it around so it's in the left side of the pit. Would work on either side; might as well keep it out of harm's way!

No practice for me today.

FrankH

Return to Training