Found a sheaf fork

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Found a sheaf fork

Postby boblong on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:22 am

I found a sheaf fork at the flea market. It only cost $5. Three tines but it's painted red (just the fork not the handle). Should I sand the red paint off? And now what can I throw in the back yard so that this year I don't get all zeros in the sheaf? My wife has some old pillows she doesn't want. Not real heavy but I can work the movements anyway. Suggestions? Thanks everyone.
Bob Long
boblong

Re: Found a sheaf fork

Postby TheHammer on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 am

You will want to remove the paint, it will add drag to a sheaf and you don't want that. Just my 2 cents but i would make your own sheaf. Find a place to get burlap coffee bags and get a large roll of twine. It doesn't have to be pretty but you will want something heavier than a pillow. I think there was even a sheaf construction how to thread either here or on NASGA. Also you might find this thread useful: http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f161 ... ice-58880/
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

David Marble
The new sheaf gnome
and board lurker extraordinaire
TheHammer

Re: Found a sheaf fork

Postby Rich McClain on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 pm

I was able to find a local coffee company that will provide me with an unlimited supply of burlap coffee bean bags at no charge. You may have a coffee supplier in your neck of the woods as well. Sheaf Daddy should have a supply of bags if you ever make it down to his place in VA.
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Return to Training